Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Depends on what it is exactly. A letter, bday card, small check, etc. I leave in my mailbox at the end of our driveway. Something of bigger value, or with tons of personal info I bring to the post office.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Neither for us... DH takes it to work and puts it in the outgoing mail pile there. It is a nice balance between not leaving stuff out in the box with a literal red flag of 'here's some good stuff to take' and trekking to a post office. Our old neighborhood had a drop box at the entrance that we would use fairly often, but I have not found one since we moved (which is probably due to some beautification requirement by our very anal city ).
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I drive by the post office daily it seems, so I just take mine there.

Packages, I have them pickup. I generally have at least 1 Priority package and if I don't, I tend to wait until the next day to mail packages so that I will have 1.
    Kris

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

we take mail to the PO. occasionally we drop in a blue mailbox. we NEVER leave mail for the postal carrier. DH is way too paranoid to leave anything in there to get stolen. Also, TWO of DH's brother's are Postal carriers and after listening to them b*t&h about having to carry mail left in boxes, we don't do it.

A

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We live at the end of a very quiet out of the way cul-de-sac with an awesome mailman who comes by every day between 9:30 and 10am....so we put stuff out in the morning with the flag up...just about everything, even DH's ebay packages....our mailman rocks, he looks for DS in the front windows every morning, if DS is a little late waving, the mailman named Gary will make a second loop around the cul-de-sac to wave to DS which DS loves!

If we were on a busy street or somewhere where I couldn't see the box I might be less likely to use it..

FYI you can't do this in CANADA, there are no little red flags on the mailboxes where I grew up in Ontario and when I went to grad school in Vermont and my roommate put the outgoing mail in our mailbox the first time I was stunned!! How cool! (and Saturday delivery too, I was very impressed!).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4