Default Double stroller for tall kids

Hello,

I have an almost 3yr old who is about 40" and 35-40 lbs. My second is 6 months old and is 30" and 20lb. Both are off the growth chart in height. I am looking for a lightweight double stroller that we can use around town and travel. Lightweight will be key when we visit my parents-in-law at the end of the year, and we need to climb a number of stairs to get to their house.

I am leaning towards the maclaren twin triumph or twin techno (probably triumph since it is lighter). I see there is a peg perego that has 60%/40% seating. Any help will be appreciated. Price-wise, as long as they are in the ballpark with the maclaren.

Thanks,
    Mark

Default not a fan of the maclaren twin techno

I bought a Maclaren Twin Techno and while it may be appropriate for taller kids, the seating is pretty narrow. My 2 year old's shoulders were pretty squeezed in his seat and he is not a very large toddler. Within the first year of purchasing this stroller, the back wheels started to malfunction and it is becoming incredibly difficult to find replacement wheels or someone who can repair it. For the price I paid, I'm pretty disappointed in the stroller's sturdiness.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The best lightweight doubles for tall kids are the Macs (but as PP stated - narrow seats and tough to steer). I've also heard the Baby Jogger City Micro Double works well for tall kids.

Have you considered a single with a toddler board like the Valco Hitch Hiker? I have a side-by-side double, but I also have a single Mountain Buggy Swift with a Valco Hitch Hiker and that works really well! My 3 yo either stands or sits on the board.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009