Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I really like the bed bug bumpers and they are not expensive (compared to bed rails). We tried them this weekend on our bed and the whole fam liked them. The bed feels very secure because they are a lot higher than pool noodles (but easy for the adults to climb over) and our bed is very high. I like that we can travel with them. We will take these with us next time we go to grandma's. We recently had a scare with my nephew who fell off a low bed at our house and had to go to the children's hospital because he was vomiting a lot. That scare made me get these. Don't want to go through that again!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We just took the bedrail off of DS's bed. It's a captains bed so that is why we had it on. He does sleep with the body pillow at the edge of the bed (always did). he asked to have it removed (he is just 3 months shy of 5). We converted DD's crib to a toddler bed using a universal toddler bedrail. It is a super super tight fit up against the mattress, but she does not sleep against it ever. We may not keep it on very long (may use a body pillow at the edge of her bed as well).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm ready to order the bedbug bumper. The pool noodle seems too low for me for now at least. We just moved the guest room full size bed into DS's room and he has a body pillow under the sheet for now. My question is, what size bedbug bumper should I get for a full size bed? A full size bed is 74" long. They carry a 63" bumper, which the sales rep said would be the longest they'd recommend. She also suggested two 27" bumpers to make it 54".
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I bought the travel set with four 27 inch bumpers and duffle bag - so 54 inches on each side of a king size bed. Offers plenty of coverage..... We do have a footboard, so we do not need to worry about our kiddos rolling off the foot of the bed. I would probably get more for the foot of the bed if I did not have the footboard - that is how our nephew fell off our sofa sleeper
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thank you, so 54 inches per side should def be enough for a full size bed if it's enough for a king. Thanks for the tip on the foot of the bed. Maybe I should get some for the foot of the bed as well. How old was your nephew when he fell?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Yes - 54 inches should be more than enough for a full size bed.

He is 18 months old and was sleeping between his parents on a full size sofa sleeper. He is a super shifty sleeper and rolled off the bottom of the bed right onto a hardwood floor. Had to be rushed to the ER at the childrens' hospital near us at 2 am. It was very scary. This happened two weeks ago and still give me shivers when I think about it.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4