Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We just keep the mattress on the floor until a kid's ready to move up.

That said, the twins may always have a mattress on the floor. Something like a pool noodle or towel, at least at this (admittedly early) point wouldn't be anything more than a challenge to climb over...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default bed rail for platform/non box spring beds

We recently moved DD into a twin bed. We bought an ikea bed that is really low to the ground and works with slats instead of a box spring. I found this bed rail that works with all kinds of beds, slats included. Just in case anyone is looking for one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...XSKCEZQ3M4JMMB
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Default What if you use zip sheets?

I use the 'cloud and stars' sheets that are basically like giant pillowcases for your mattress, rather than fitted sheets. They're very tight, and because they fit all around the mattress (not just the top part), there's no way I can fit anything UNDER the sheet (pool noodle, towel). And all those strangulation stories got me worried...

Quote Originally Posted by ariveraz View Post
    Where does one buy a pool noodle? Target?
    I just bought the last one of the season at my Target (for the pool, not the bed). So I would run out now and try to find them since it's the end of the summer (I'm in NY). Unless you are in a warm climate with year round swimming...I would imagine places like FL and AZ have them in stock year round.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have rails on the girls' toddler beds. Now you guys are making me worried that it might not actually be safe....great.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Melaine, I got a pool noodle for our son's toddler bed at Target and bed bug rails for when he sleeps in our bed, when we go to grandma's (he sleeps in a full size bed there) and for his bed when we convert the toddler bed to a full size bed. We are using them in our bed right now and they are great! I bought a travel pack with the duflle bag.

http://www.gobedbug.com/
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I reponded here and there were some great resources mentioned (like pool noodles, etc)
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=331253
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh, I like that go bed bug! DD1 uses bed rails. There is no way she couldn't. I know she'd fall right out.

My DD2 is about ready to to convert the crib to a toddler bed. We bought the matching toddler bed rails when we had DD1 in it, but it's totally worthless (Sorelle Cottage). It doesn't even come up an inch over the mattress, so we put her in the twin bed ASAP. I love this idea though, now we can keep DD2 in the toddler bed/convertible for awhile and save some $$!
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Melaine, I got a pool noodle for our son's toddler bed at Target and bed bug rails for when he sleeps in our bed, when we go to grandma's (he sleeps in a full size bed there) and for his bed when we convert the toddler bed to a full size bed. We are using them in our bed right now and they are great! I bought a travel pack with the duflle bag.

http://www.gobedbug.com/

That is really cool!

SHould I get one for DS1 if we convert his crib to a toddler bed? He moves a lot at night, so I am pretty sure he will fall off the bed if we don't have one. Are they safe though?
    Used one for DD1 from 2 till 9 or so, she's a restless sleeper. Wish I had saved it for DD2. I loved it!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast