Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I love the Ergo as well--it is the only carrier that doesn't hurt and it's lightweight/packable. I bought mine directly from the company and justified it because we will be able to use that thing through both kids and a lot of poundage.
    Ebay has some used ones for auction.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love my ergo, and my 13 month old has never been in a cart, because I carry him every time we shop (it works better for me, because I often like to abandon my cart in stores to go find something). My DS is already 23 pounds and I won't say I don't "feel" him, but I can wear him for long stretches of time while shopping or around the house. It's really well-made, and if I decide I want to sell it when I'm done with it, I'm sure it will retain its value well. here's one for sale that's listed on the Seattle craigslist for $55. (it was at its best for airport travel, btw.)

I used an Ergo with my DS until he was about 3.5yo pretty regularly. I would probably check ebay or look around for factory seconds type of thing?
    DS 4/2002 - Britax Regent in Onyx
    DD 3/2009 - Britax Marathon in Allie

Since Ergos are so popular, it's hard to find a really good deal on them since people snap them up so fast. I honestly don't think the Ergo is any more comfortable than the Patapum and the P is considerably less expensive and more gender neutral--most daddies don't mind the P.

For comfort though, I haven't found anything more comfy than the Calyx. It has curved straps and a very adjustable sternum strap. Wonderful, but spendy. If you are having another child, it would totally be perfect.

Smile

Another vote for the Ergo.

I love it and have been using it since my baby was 6 months old. She's a year old now and she still loves it. She plays with the buckle and will crawl/walk to it to let me know she wants me to wear her.

I just starting using the hip carry and it's great. I use the hip carry when we're at the grocery store picking up odds and ends. She has more of a view, which toddlers seem to want and she still has access to breastfeed privately (if you still breastfeed).

Hip, Back or Front Carry are quite comfortable and even my husband loves the Back Carry, although he prefers to use the stroller.
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

Thanks so much for all of the insight! I decided to bite the bullet and go with an Ergo - diapers.com has free one-day shipping, so that was cheaper than buying it through the Ergo company itself. I'm excited to get it... hopefully I'll love it as much as you guys do! I like the fact that it's good for all heights, too, since my husband is much taller than I am... hopefully if I find it getting too heavy, he'll take over and wear it a bit, too! Thanks again for the insight!

LOVE my Ergo. I don't use it all that often these days, but it's a godsend when traveling...I still use it with DS who is 3 + a couple of months. He likes riding in it, I like being able to carry him comfortably.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the recommendations. I got the Ergo from diapers.com and absolutely love it! It was well worth the extra $... it came really fast with free delivery, and it was so great to use while walking around the baseball stadium with DD! And, my back didn't even hurt afterward, like it has with pretty much every other carrier I've tried! DD loved it so much that she cried the first couple times we took her out of it!!

Smile

Glad to hear it!

Don't forget you can also do the back carry and the hip carry. Don't be intimidated. I finally tried the hip carry three weeks ago and love it!
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

Quote Originally Posted by pantrygirl View Post
    Glad to hear it!

Don't forget you can also do the back carry and the hip carry. Don't be intimidated. I finally tried the hip carry three weeks ago and love it!
    I did the back carry, and it was great. Now DD keeps wanting to climb on my back even when I don't have it on for "piggy back!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast