Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got My Peg SI!

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Got My Peg SI!

I'm in love! We'll for a lightweight single at least! Soooooo easy to turn and push, nothing like a p3 thank god! Greeeat hood, love the storage pocket, cupholders not too bad, and gotta love the wheels The seat is super comfy and big too for my almost 3 month old and my almost 2 year old fits great too with lots o growing room! Planning on taking it to the mall today and letting the 2 year old run around and get nice and tired for bed tonight! (hmmm...lots of chasing him down i'm sure!). Such a great compromise stroller if you want something lightweight but sturdier/not tippy like a mac! And i feel much more comfortable with my lo in it then a mac too. And the fold is beyond easy, and i'm picky since i love my bj's folds Titanio stripes is really nice looking in person, all the other colors were to bold for me. It seems like the frame is of a higher quality then the p3 somehow.... there's something about peg strollers i just love......not sure what!

Congrats!
    Strollerqueen

So, if you were deciding between the BJCM and the Si, which one would you choose?

Oooo hard choice! I had a bjcm for a year so i just wanted something new Here's my pros of each:

BJCM-
    looks cool-jogger style
    Vented recline
    Can't beat that hood!
    EASIEST fold ever!
    easy foot break
    BEST steering- seriously one handed (due to bar handle)
    GREAT storage- big pocket on back of seat and good sized basket
    Works great equally for newborns up thru toddlers

Peg Si-
    Classic umbrella stroller style
    COOL wheels
    Supportive seat that sits straight up (mini's is really reclined)
    Great hood
    Pocket on canopy
    SUPER easy fold and STANDS when folded (mini lacks this for sure)
    Great quality fabrics

I think i love both equally just depends on wether you want a jogger style or more classic pram look. Also, i think the bjcm would do better if you could only get one stroller (better for walks outside) but since i also have the bjccd, the si really complements it really well- i like having a jogger and a classic type stroller. The si looks soo much better irl then online, i was really surprised. It is just so nicely made,nothing like the p3 i thought it would be similar to. And i have had everything from a bugaboo, quinny, bob, mac, you name it! HTH!
    Last edited by jacksmoma; 07-27-2009 at 09:27 PM.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Jacksmomma, I think you are now officially a stroller addict!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

for sure! nothing new about that tho!

So we took our new si to disneyland today and it was fab! so compact yet comfy for both the 3 month old and 21 month old. great hood and BIG basket. Reclining/inclining the seat is a bit of a pain (2 hands and you have to get down low) but at least it relines far down Great one handed steering and easy to move even with the 21 month old. Even could fold it fast (with stuff in the basket!) for the tram, no prob. Did miss the super smooth ride of my bjccd on disney's rough ground, but the si was soooo much easier to navigate. I love both HTH someone out there!

Default Peg Si

Hey, do you think it would fit in the backseat of a midsize car? I need an umbrella-ish fold for travel -- really, I need something that will fit on the floor of the backseat of a rental car. I've seen the Si folded compared to the Quest, and the Si looked a little boxy in comparison ...

TIA!

Meghan

The Si' is easier to recline than the Frog. Man, I had trouble with that Bug today. In the Chiro office with a screaming baby who needs to sleep, and the stupid seat wouldn't go down!
    Strollerqueen

HAHA funny, i never had probs folding the frog.

Yes, it would fit great in a small trunk, the fold is wider than a mac but WORTH it!! it still folds super super small compared to most strollers with this many features I really don't care much for the quest as the baby sits sooo low to the ground, macs are best for 3 years plus i think. And the si stands folded, which the quest does not- you have to lay it onto the ground- yuk!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast