Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Sounds great! I thought it would ship in December, not January. I'm due in January and would really like to have my stroller before the baby comes!
    I'm due in January, too, and I'm crossing my fingers that I can get my hands on it before my son is born.
    Baby William is finally here!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Sounds great! I thought it would ship in December, not January. I'm due in January and would really like to have my stroller before the baby comes!
    I heard from Uppababy today that it won't be out until late January, unfortunately. We're due in November and I just don't think we can wait that long.

Sidney is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

That stinks! I'm due in the middle of January (14th), so hopefully it will be out by then, or within a very short time. It will be winter here so I don't foresee myself strolling too much the first few weeks anyway.

I can't believe Uppababy would wait so long to start selling the 2010 model. I would have thought it would at least be out in time for Christmas.

Maybe I should revisit the Bugaboo. I wonder if that will be coming out any sooner?

I just wanted to say that I spoke with the people at Uppa, I was hopeful that I could at least get the new seat with my 2009 frame, gives me a wee bit longer to use it. but she told me it will not be compatible. bummer.
    just as an FYI. unless of course she was telling me that, but that it will UNofficially work....
    Mum to my Mayflowers

dd 4/2004
    dd 13/2006
    ds 24/2009

Why doesn't Uppababy have to option to buy the Vista without the bassinet? I would be seriously considering this stroller if I could get a new one without bassinet.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dragop21 View Post
    I just wanted to say that I spoke with the people at Uppa, I was hopeful that I could at least get the new seat with my 2009 frame, gives me a wee bit longer to use it. but she told me it will not be compatible. bummer.
    just as an FYI. unless of course she was telling me that, but that it will UNofficially work....

I was hoping to upgrade the seat as well. Both for the higher seat back and the better upright angle.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Hi,

I believe they're slightly modifying the mount in 2010 to make it a little easier to insert the bassinet or seat. Which means the 2010 seat definitely isn't compatible with earlier frames.
    Heather
    Owner, PeppyParents

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

if you all are due within a few months of the new vista coming out i'd honestly wait to get the new one because 1. you don't end up getting out/putting a newborn in a stroller (even bassinet- i used my sling the first couple of months- you'll see!) and 2. the resale value of the newer version will be much higher. I know it's exciting to have the new cool stroller before baby comes but trust me they are so tiny the first month or two you'll want to hold/sling them and you won't be going all that many places till they are a bit older!! hth!

Hi,

This is Rick from Hip Baby Gear/Baby on the Run. In regards to the last post about waiting, there are also other options that someone can use. As everyone needs to use a car seat from the get go, you can also purchase a Snap and Go to start until the UPPA's officially ship. It is also a nice thing to have sometimes as it folds small and is easy to carry around in the car. They are compatible with most every car seat and is worth checking out. I don't carry them myself, but you can get them for about $60 dollars online.

In regards to the Vista, the 2010 models are a great step above the 2009's. With the simple things that they have done with the 0 degree seat position and more importantly the break system, which now is a quick step pedal is worth it alone. Additionally, they are a fantastic company and I personally deal with them all the time as I am a Massachusetts Retailer.

Rick
    Last edited by missym; 11-10-2009 at 10:49 AM.

ebjw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

That is devastating that the 2010 seat won't work on a 2009 frame. I was really really hoping we could do this (for the upright seat position- only thing that bothers me about it).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast