Default 2 year old manufacture date for Micralite toro

I ordered a Micralite Toro from Albeebaby 2 weeks ago & it arrived today. It had shipped from Scandinavian baby in California. I was SUPER surprised at the date of manufacture printed on the box - it was 8/2007. The date stamped on the stroller is 12/2007. I am pretty aggravated that I paid almost $500 for a stroller that is that old. Granted it has just been hanging out in a warehouse , but I just don't think that is acceptable.
    Is it unreasonable of me to expect a newer date of manufacture? Should I not say anything or call????

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation to me! I'd definately call customer service!

Good luck!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No way! Return it and get a new one!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If the features are different b/w model years, I would call. But if not, I am not sure what difference it makes. Strollers don't have expiry dates.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

I have to agree with Laura - Maybe I am missing something here, but if it is (1) unused and untouched (sat in the warehouse) & (2) the model hasn't changed....then why does it matter? We are not talking cars here...a stroller won't break by sitting in a box untouched - at least as far as I know :-)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm not a stroller guru by any stretch, but I think she's right to be concerned. I think if the features are the same, it won't matter much at all, but it could affect resale value (2007 perceived as "older" than a newer model when you go to resell?)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    I'm not a stroller guru by any stretch, but I think she's right to be concerned. I think if the features are the same, it won't matter much at all, but it could affect resale value (2007 perceived as "older" than a newer model when you go to resell?)
    plus most strollers do change from year to year
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009