Default Zippy: What do you like more about the Zippy over the Peg Pliko P3

I posted a question recently asking if you all would recommend the Pliko P3 or the Ingelsina Zippy more and everyone who responded said the Zippy. What do you all like more about the Zippy? Is it made better, smoother ride, or is it mainly the easier fold?

Also would anyone recommend the P3 more?

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

1. It folds easier. With the P3 you have to "click" both handles and then pull up on the lever at the back. With the Zippy, you just pull the lever at the back. It seems to hit the "latched" position easier as well.

2. It unfolds easier. With the zippy you just pull on the lever on one handle and it just flies open. After 4 years I still got great joy out of opening and closing the Zippy. With the P3, I had to step on the foot thing on the back and still reach forward to make sure the front was latched.

3. The zippy folds up smaller. It takes up noticably less space in the back of my Subaru than the P3 does.

4. I like having the napper bar option. The P3 only has the snack tray. You can't even buy a napper bar in the US. The Zippy comes with both. The zippy also comes with a rain cover; the P3 doesn't.

5. I like the harness of the Zippy better. I know a lot of people love the floating harness but I found it to be more of a bother. I don't always want my child to have that much freedom.

6. I like the car seat "adapter" of the Zippy better. The straps are connected to the arm rests and holds the car seat on each side of the handle. That said, I never used it because I felt secure enough with how our seat fit on the Zippy. The P3 has a strap that straps over the car seat. The problem is that it clips into the harness so in order to use the stroller with my oldest, I had to fuss with the stroller straps. Plus I never felt as comfortable with how the car seat fit.

ETA - 7. I know this sounds petty but when you remove the napper bar/snack tray on the zippy a little piece of plastic pops out filling the open hole. With the P3, there are separate plastic plugs that you then have to remember where they are and insert if you want to keep little fingers out of the hole. I said it was petty but to me those are the types of things that show well thought out design and function.
    Last edited by ellies mom; 07-30-2009 at 04:12 AM.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ellies mom, how many strollers do you own? You seem to know quite a lot about many strollers!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, in my defense I don't own as many as some. Here's the past and current stable-
    1. Zippy - deceased
    2. Baby Trend Expedition jogging stroller - Never use it, plan on giving it to friend
    3. Silver Cross Micro v.1 - Gave away, huge disappointment, glad it was a gift
    4. Valco Trimode - I love this stroller. I use it almost every day.
    5. P3 - If I didn't have the Zippy first, I probably would have been very happy with it. Rarely used, lives in garage
    6. Mac Quest - Glad I got it, lives in the car. Will probably be the last stroller I buy.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ellies mom View Post
    Well, in my defense I don't own as many as some. Here's the past and current stable-
    1. Zippy - deceased
    2. Baby Trend Expedition jogging stroller - Never use it, plan on giving it to friend
    3. Silver Cross Micro v.1 - Gave away, huge disappointment, glad it was a gift
    4. Valco Trimode - I love this stroller. I use it almost every day.
    5. P3 - If I didn't have the Zippy first, I probably would have been very happy with it. Rarely used, lives in garage
    6. Mac Quest - Glad I got it, lives in the car. Will probably be the last stroller I buy.
    I hear ya. Valcos and Macs are great!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do have trouble opening and closing the P3.

If you ever need to lend the stroller to someone unfamiliar with strollers (like my parents when they take DS out), they're MUCH more likely to be able to figure out the Zippy than the P3.