ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default re: Gap Sale, are you buying for Fall/Winter or next Spring/Summer?

At the last Gap Give and Get, I think I went a bit crazy and looking back, I shouldn't have bought so much because DD's birthday was in May and we got TONS of clothes. So, now we have tons of summer clothes and in 12-18 sizes but not much at all for Fall or cooler weather. I see there are a lot of good deals for summer clothes but not sure that's the smartest thing to do because I have no idea how she'll grow.

Case in point, I bought really cute winter jackets last year to wear this year but I'm not sure they'll fit her right until it's near spring (hopefully I'm wrong.. but you never know, u know?).

Do you put any strategy into this, to take full advantage? Or, should I just skip it and only buy a few pairs of pants in the next size up since we're already starting to grow out of them a bit?

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

My DS is almost 2. I'm planning to buy for the fall and maybe some summer stuff on sale that I can't resist because of the 30% on top of whatever is the sale price. We're out in CA so the summer season will last longer and I'll get more mileage out of the summer stuff. I definitely don't plan on stocking up for next summer because I don't know how he'll grow and I'm almost sure there will be another good sale in the next year!

Melbel is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I only buy ahead if I am pretty certain of the sizing and if it is an awesome deal. We live in FL so we tend to get plenty of wear out of spring/summer clothes. As for jackets, I tend to buy those on the large side so that they will last for more than 1 year.

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My local Gap Kids/Baby Gap has next to nothing left when it came to summer sale items...so most of what I bought was for fall/winter.