Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default can anyone verbally talk me through folding the valco runabout twin?

I'm supposed to go see that stroller tonight. The owner can't get it folded and into her SUV. She got it part way folded but it won't fit, and she can't figure out how to fold the rest of the way.

We were supposed to meet up somewhere that is still a good haul from my house, but now I'm going to have to drive to her, which is even farther. I'm hoping we'll like this stroller after all of this

anyway, I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows how to describe how to fold this thing so I can pass along the info to her.

I know it is an old model, so it is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask just in case! Not sure if the fold is different from the TriMode...I'm guessing it is.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ugh. Valcos are not easy to fold. Do they have instructions posted on the Valco website? I know it is a two part process with my Valco. It is still huge even when folded.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Search YouTube. I watched a demo video on a stroller there once!

Beth

OOoooh...you tube is a good idea. But it is an old stroller...I wonder if there is a youtube up for it?

It sounds like she got the first part of the fold, but can't figure out the second. She said her friend keeps telling her about a "thing" she needs to find to fold it again, but she can't find that "thing." I have no familiarity so I'm no help.

I'm having trouble finding any manual for the 05s online.

Thankfully I have a mini van so we can hopefully figure out how to fit it in there to at least get it home (fingers crossed). Then I'll have to figure it out for actual transporting purposes on my own...I'm guessing she doesn't have a manual.

eta: I found a youtube link for the Trimode but couldn't find one for the Runabout (non Trimode version). I told her that it may not use the same folding mechanism but I thought I'd give it a shot. I haven't let her know until now she has a Runabout not a Trimode, so hopefully she won't get annoyed w/ me
    Last edited by brittone2; 07-30-2009 at 11:52 AM.

I would print this and take it with you in case the fold is the same.

http://valcobaby.com/uploads/tx_prod...structions.pdf
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

thanks for that link to the manual. I sent it to her just in case the "thing" she was looking for was in the parts diagram or folding diagram. It might be the same, might be different, but worth a shot. I printed it for us for tonight. DH is handy, so I'm crossing my fingers he can at least get it folded enough to fit in the van LOL.

Just a random update, but we picked it up last night and I love it I still haven't really figured out the fold (haven't had time to experiment), but it fits unfolded behind the 2nd row of my Odyssey, which is kind of a nice option anyway (can just wheel it out of the back that way I think?). We were going to a mall afterward and the kids rode (I normally wouldn't use this in the mall, but wanted to play with our new toy) and it worked really well for us. So nice to fit through a regular doorway and easier to steer than our old (regular version of the) Joovy Caboose.

Thanks for the encouragement to pick this one up!

The owner included the tire pump, the rain cover, she still had the infant head snuzzler things, 3 cup holders, and the toddler seat. I think the toddler seat alone costs $100 new. We paid $100 total.

I hope my love for it continues Thanks for the help!

I'm glad you like it!!! You got the best deal EVER on that stroller!!!

Enjoy your Valco! Isn't it such a plush well built stroller? I mine.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Yep, totally happy with it, and the price makes it awesome. NO guilt LOL!! Especially since I cleared out our less functional members of the stroller stable recently...got rid of clutter and got something that works for us. Not sure if we'll have a third, but even for long days at the museum, zoo, and then walks with my kids, it is really nice to have this available.

I really appreciate the info I got here and the encouragement to snag this thing. Not a Trimode, but it should totally meet the needs I have right now (and maybe in the future if we have a third).

Thank you all so much!

Congrats! Glad you got it! Sounds like the lady you bought it from was really nice, too!
    Strollerqueen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast