Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending more thoughts and positive thoughts to all involved. I cannot imagine the challenges she is facing with a brand new baby, major surgery and cancer treatment.

I'll be praying for her and her family--what a horrible time to have to go through cancer treatments and surgery! (Not that there's ever a good time, but this has to be the worst time with a new baby). She sounds like an incredible woman, and I'm glad to hear that the birth went well and that the surgery's over for her now too. Will continue to pray for her...

Kitten007 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

YAY!!! Still praying! Thanks for the update!
    Two Crazy Boys and A Baby Girl!

Amy is home from the hospital, and feeling well enough to be on Facebook, hooray!

She is truly an amazing woman. The first thing I told her when I heard the news was that, of everyone I know, SHE'S got the right attitude to kick breast cancer's a$$. That's just kind of who she is. She doesn't take crap from anyone, and especially not a super-crappy disease like this! My signature line was inspired by a facebook posting where she said that she was going to give cancer the finger.

Amy is a fantastic wife and mother. A fabulous friend. I met her nearly 3 years ago through a hiking group for moms and babies and she has become one of my closest friends. She helped introduce me to triathlon, and has been a rock for me through the crap I've gone through over the past two years. Just thought I would add a little personality to her story. Here's one of my favorite pictures of us together, after a race last summer. Amy is on the left.

Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

I was able to stop by and visit Amy today, and she's doing great! I was amazed at how well she's looking and feeling at less than 48 hours after major surgery! We were able to visit for almost an hour, and joke and laugh and just chitchat. Hooray!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5