JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default MVMCP this year, or wait?

DS will be 4.5 this year, and we'll be there for 7 nights (6 park days). We love holiday stuff-especially DS, but I'm not sure how late I can keep him up and happy at Disney. On our last trip, he was so exhausted by the end of every day, and that was with breaks. Is it worth the extra money for us at this point?
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

We're going with a "wait and see" attitude for Billy this year. When we were there in January he made it until 9:30 a couple of nights in Epcot and probably could have gone longer. Both boys took a nap every day and sometimes Billy could stay up but others he needed to crash - one of us would take Benjamin back to the hotel and he would be sound asleep by 8:30, which he'll still need to do in Dec. There are 4 MVMCP scheduled for the time we're there so if one of the evenings we're at MK and Billy's doing well and he really wants to stay we'll see if there are still tickets available. We're not going to tell him before hand so he won't be disappointed if it's sold out. DH and I don't want to buy the tickets ahead of time as inevitably that will be the night that he needs to crash. So we're just going to see how he does and take our chances with the tickets.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

There is no way my son could handle it. He'll be 5 when we go at the end
    of Nov/beg. of December. He'll be ready for bed early and once he's done,
    he's done!!

My daughter could make it. She'll be 8 when we go. She would be fine
    but then she'll end up grouchy/whiny/crying the next day.

So we usually pass on this events. It's not pleasant for anyone involved!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We did MNSSHP last fall with Sarah. She was just turned 7 and honestly that was about perfect. Although she normally goes to bed pretty early, she stayed up late that one night. In fact we stayed for the late parade and she was fine, although she did fall asleep on the bus back to the resort. DH had taken Amy back already and he carried her so I would have the stroller for Sarah and I needed it or else I would have NEVER gotten her back to the room by myself LOL!!!

But we had planned the next day to be a down day. We slept in and went to the water park the next day.

So if it were me, I'd wait.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks guys. I think we'll be waiting. No point in plunking down another $150+ if nobody would have fun anyway.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10