Default La-Z-Boy Reclina-Glider (Sheffield)

For anyone searching for a quality fully upholstered recliner/swivel/glider at a reasonable price, we ordered a Sheffield La-Z-Boy Reclina-Glider (also swivels) from our local furniture store today for < $800, including fabric/wood upgrades and Teflon stain protection (cheaper than going through a La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery). It will be delivered upstairs to our nursery at no additional charge in 4-8 weeks.

Since many of the upholstered/slipcovered swivel gliders sold at baby superstores, online, etc. seemed to be of less than stellar quality despite expensive price tags, typically had expensive shipping fees, and rarely had a recline feature, we decided to look elsewhere for a quality chair that we could later use in our living room.

I can't provide a review of our chair yet since it's being custom ordered, and the store didn't have the model we ordered in stock. Similar chairs seemed very comfortable and well made.

I was looking for a recliner/swivel/glider rather than a swivel/glider after reading recommendations here on the board for a chair with a reclining mechanism for napping in the baby's room.

Since the chair reclines, there's no need to buy an expensive upholstered ottoman although I'll most likely invest in an inexpensive wooden nursing stool that can easily be moved out of the way. The recliner will take up less room than a chair/ottoman as well.

The basic Sheffield Reclina-Glider started < $650 and went up from there depending on options (movement mechanism, fabric, wood stain on handle and swivel base). There were a ton of fabric options, including leather which we decided against (an extra $400). A less expensive option (by about $100) would have been a Reclina-Rocker.

La-Z-Boy offers multiple other models/options for various prices (select Recliners or Chairs and then Function to find chairs that meet your requirements--you can also try out different fabrics online).

We went with the Sheffield because it's the same model as the large sectional sofa we purchased last year (which we love by the way--excellent quality at a reasonable price).

Hope this helps others who may be searching for alternatives to the typical nursery chairs found in baby stores/online.

As a disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with La-Z-Boy (or the furniture industry)--just love their products!

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the same recliner that we managed to snag off craigslist right before DD was born. I have used it EVERY day since, several times a day and it is hands down the best decision we made for the nursery. It has held up really well and my 280lb husband finds it super comfy.
    We are also big Laz-y-boy fans!

Default I'm thinking of getting the Sheffield Reclina-Glider too!

My DH and I were testing out chairs, and for the money, we're probably going to get a La-Z-Boy Sheffield Reclina-Glider. However, I only found this chair at a La-Z-Boy gallery. What other discount stores may sell for lower price? They are having a sale that ends tomorrow (Monday, Aug 24), and my combo with teflon and coffee stain is around $900 grade G fabric). Where could I order for less?

We ordered through our local furniture store in Massachusetts. It's not a discount furniture store, but prices are less expensive than the La-Z-Boy Gallery.

You might want to try calling around to see if any other furniture stores in your area carry La-Z-Boy recliners. We ordered out of a catalog at the furniture store since the model we wanted was not on display.

We love ours, too! Craigslist is a wonderful resource for these chairs.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Quote Originally Posted by TXan View Post
    My DH and I were testing out chairs, and for the money, we're probably going to get a La-Z-Boy Sheffield Reclina-Glider. However, I only found this chair at a La-Z-Boy gallery. What other discount stores may sell for lower price? They are having a sale that ends tomorrow (Monday, Aug 24), and my combo with teflon and coffee stain is around $900 grade G fabric). Where could I order for less?
    The cheapest option I've seen is during the BOGO sale at the Lazy Boy gallery IF you need two. We picked out what we wanted and then waited a few months for the sale to get the upgraded fabric, swivels and stain protection for basically the same price as the cheap floor models. We love having our old one in the baby's room and the two nice ones in the living room.

mskitty