conniez is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How much would you price this crib?

I'm thinking of listing my Pali Paula crib for sale since DD2 never sleeps in it anyway. It was a floor model that retailed for $589 + tax, but I can't remember what I paid. I think it was maybe 40% off when I bought it? What do you think would be a fair price for its condition. Oh yes, also I bought it in 2008 so it must be a 2007 or possibly 2006 model? I really don't want to lose out too much on what I actually paid, but want to price it fairly. Thanks!

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Look around on Craigslist and see what the other cribs are selling for.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    Look around on Craigslist and see what the other cribs are selling for.
    I tried looking to see if anyone has my same model for sale and I don't think anyone did. Most of the ones that I saw were older and used, so I didn't know how to compare mine since it wasn't TOO old & never used.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I see that it is now retail about $550. I would price yours $225-275 OBO, about 1/2 of retail.

As the original buyer, you end up taking most of the decreased value for used vs. new.

IME, unless it is a very expensive model ($800-1000+), used cribs generally don't sell for more than $250-300.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I guess, I'm not such a brand shopper, if I was shopping used, that I would care what the brand was. If I had the option between a $150 crib and a $200 crib, both being in equal shape, etc. The brand name would mean nothing to me so I'd go for the cheaper one.

If you're willing to wait longer for the person that IS looking for a specific brand, then pricing higher is not a problem.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    If you're willing to wait longer for the person that IS looking for a specific brand, then pricing higher is not a problem.
    You are right. It looks like i may have to hold out for the buyer who is specifically looking for an Italian-made Pali crib so that they understand why it's priced more than other cribs. Thanks, all, for your input.