Hey!

Back for some car seat wisdome. Here's the story: I am still shopping for a carseat for the grandparent's car and also trying to think about our cars as well. Not that we are ready to buy but with a 2nd one on the way it might make sense in the next year.

My 2.5 y/o is 34lbs and 39inches. She is and always will be tall for her age. The weight isn't an issue as far as car seats but the height well...that's a different story.

For our cars we have Britax Boulevards...what I was thinking for gp's car is something a bit cheaper...maybe a Graco Nautilus.

Now I am getting worried about putting her in toddler booster/harness seat too early but for her height it makes sense. Also why not just go with the Frontier as opposed to a Nautilus? Or should I look at a Regent? Yikes!

So guess my questions are ...
1. When is it safest to go to the booster/harness seat as opposed to just a harness foward facing?
2. Anyone have a link to an info sheet for the gp's on car safety? (plan on having a car seat check for them)
3. Why not just stick with Britax?
4. Only Britax seems to tout the Side Impact Protection...do any other carseats have this?
5. Any tips, wisdom on brand selection?

Thanks for helping this confused mama!