BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Reviews of Summer Sure & Secure Gate (from Costco Online)

Anyone have experience with this gate? http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...S&Sp=C&topnav=

Costco is selling a pack of 2 for $199, each gate covers up to 144" openings, with a door. We're looking for something that we can move around to cover areas that aren't always blocked - like between the family room and kitchen, across the hall when the patio doors are open, on the patio occasionally. I like that 2 of these can become a play yard if we have an occasional need too.

I'm wondering if this gate works well, and if this is a good price for this amount of coverage. TIA

We bought 2 of these gates about 2 months ago for our then 8-month-old & have been very happy w/ them. I was surprised to see that the Costco price was no cheaper than our BRU was, however. In fact, BRU was LESS when I used my 15% coupon. We have them linked togther as a play yard & our DD is still super happy in there. It's a very large space. The gates are easy to open w/ one hand & have held up very well so far. One of my friends has a similar set up & the Mommy group we attend uses the same gates -- no complaints from them either.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

From looking at them further, I have a question. Can you use one of these freestanding or does it need to be screwed into the wall? I'm guessing since its not pressure mounted, it would need to be screwed it. I'm not talking about top of stairs or anything, just to block a rather wide hallway on a temporary basis
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have this gate between two rooms and really like it. I am fairly certain you have to screw it to the wall.

FWIW, we got ours cheaper at BRU too.
    Last edited by LMPC; 08-22-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: more info

IF anyone is still reading - I have a dumb question. How do the gates adjust? Is it a slide-type thing, or can you leave whole panels out?
    Catherine

Mom to:
    DD#1 3/07
    DD#2 10/08

and "Bonus Mom" to:
    DSD
    DSS#1
    DSS #2

Default This Gate that you asked about

This gate looks cheap to me. Like any gate that you look at, make sure that it is recommended by JPMA. Should say on the box.