Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I personally don't (and didn't) think that pikkolo is that difficult to get on. I think if you've used a mei tai it's the same thing. I actually had an easier time with the pikkolo than getting dd into the infant insert in the beco.

Just wanted to add that if you get the pikkolo, I would really suggest you get the support belt with it. I just added mine and it took it to a new level of comfort. http://www.naturalmomresource.com/ was offering the support belt for free with the purchase of a pikkolo, not sure if that is still the case...

Never tried a calyx so I can't help there!

Never tried on a Calyx before... but I didn't have any problems with the Pikkolo as well. I thought it was very easy to put on, actually. That said, it's very adjustable that you can custom fit (very easy to do too) it to your body... or whoever's using it.

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the Ergo as well and use it to carry both of my younger children (same age as your two) depending on the situation.

I love my Calyx. Love, love, love it! So comfy. Nothing compares to the curved straps for me. Both front and back carries are amazing.

I have a patapum and never use it. After the Calyx, there is no other for me!

That said, I am plus-sized and have very large breasts. The Calyx is the only one that doesn't smash/smoosh/rearrange them, but still provides amazing lower back support.

Huh, these all seem great options. After further research the PIkkolo seems rather intimidating to put on, but I love all the options. But I'm not very coordinated, and the instructions recommend to have a spotter, something I won't always have.

The Ergo is super popular, and I figure there must be a reason for that, and it's cheaper. But I don't like how bulky it is, my baby is already so hot to carry, even in the winter time (granted I live in northern cal so it doesn't get THAT cold).

I'm really liking the Butterfly, it doesn't seem to have gotten as good of reviews as the others, but I"m not very coordinated, and have never used any other sling than the snuggli and moby. (well, tried the peanutshell and couldn't stand it).

chunei looks comfy, but must admit I think I'd be embarassed to wear an entire body "vest".

options, options, options, and I thought this was going to be easier than picking a stroller.....HA!!!!
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

maybe there's a store nearby or local babywearing group that will let you try some of these carriers before buying? worth looking into I think as it is a pretty big decision
    mom to one sweet little girl born in late '08
    and -surprise!- one sweet little boy born in late '11

I'd just like to say thank you to all who put in their two cents. I tried out the Beco butterfly and LOVEd it!! As a novice baby wearer, the pikkolo looked a little too intimidating, and I think the beco will be a perfect next step from my snugli. It takes a few extra steps to get them in, but I'll be more likely to use it since I won't be so afraid to put it on by myself.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I like the ergo -- used it with DS #2 til he was about 33 lbs and DS #1 has even taken a ride at 40 lbs when required.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ergo or Beco would be my rec. Both are great for carrying a heavier child.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

I didn't have any problems using the Pikkolo... most of my mommy friends have it. Actually, most that have the Ergo exchanged it for the Pikkolo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2