cindys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Re: Another Stroller ? - BJED

I recently purchased a BJED and love it especially the sun coverage which would be great for Fl...

We are going to Disney in Nov and my boys will be 3 1/2 and 13 mos...

As much as I love the stroller its heavy...We normally walk from the parking lots to the park and ride back on the tram to the car in the evening.

I am wondering if its going to be a PIA to get that thing lifted onto the tram along with us, the babies and my Mom.

We went last year when the baby was only weeks old and he was in the Snap N Go and the toddler was in our Maclaren Techno (Love it!) but thought this year it would be easier with a double but now not so sure.

3 yr old still sleeps in a stroller but he is very active and will walk around most of the time I am sure ... We tend to spend the entire day at the parks.

Any experiences to share??

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

As much as I love the stroller its heavy...We normally walk from the parking lots to the park and ride back on the tram to the car in the evening.
    The only park where it's really an issue is the MK. At the other parks, unless you get there at a time when the lots are very crowded, it's usually easier (IMO) to just walk to the car rather than ride a tram. Even at the MK, as long as you get there earlier enough to park in the first parking lot, the parking lot is really not that far. It seems far, but isn't really.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

We normally dont get there too early...We take our time so everyone has a good rest and a good breakfast..

Walking to the park is no big deal cause everyone is ready to go but in the evening its a different story

I am not even going to mention my concern to my Hubby, since he about had a stroke when I bought the stroller and saw how much is cost!

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

As long as your trip doesn't involve any Disney buses, then I would take the BJED. The buses were really the only place I had to fold up a stroller (and carry it on, and hold it with me in often crowded conditions), otherwise I rolled it on boats and monorails. I don't think folding it once at night for a tram ride would be a big deal. It folds easy enough.

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you can get your hands on a AAA Diamond Parking Pass, you can park closer to the entrance and avoid the trams (near the Handicapped area), even in the MK I have walked from the car to the Monorail/Ferry area when DD was sleeping in the stroller and I didn't want to wake her to ride the tram.

The pass is good for a calendar year (note- you still have to pay to park), so towards the end of the year they get pretty cheap on eBay.
    - Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!

Oh, I will check into the AAA pass!

Thanks!

Just went and took advantage of the AAA parking pass- worked like a charm. My MIL got it so I'm not sure of the efforts involved. If you are a AAA member, it should be pretty easy to get.

We are AAA members and so I called and they will only give you the pass if you buy Disney tickets thru them and they sure dont offer much of a discount

Did you use your pass to park at MK? I keep reading its great for all the other parks but not so much there.

Cindy

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well the problem with the MK is you have to park at what is called the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) and then take a boat or monorail to the MK. So it only saves you so much. But the parking is very close to the front of the TTC.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Parking close to the TTC is great for us!! We are just trying avoid the tram so we dont have to lug the stroller on there.

We actually enjoy the monorail and the ferry to MK.

I did get the blackout dates so we will make sure to go to other parks on those dates.

Cindy