hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Disneyland Review

We took DSs to Disneyland last week. We spend 3 nights in the HoJo and got the mousesavers discount (just ask) we paid about 120 a night for a room in the "tower" facing the MK. We had a GREAT time. The hotel rocks -- great kids water play area. It is EASILY walking to the parks and to several (10?) places to eat. DL is so much easier to walk around then DW. I LOVE DW but DL was not a disappointment and we had a great time. We visited the park for 3 days and we could have done longer. We had dinner at Goofy's (great), late breakfast at Minnie's (not so great), and lunch at Ariel's Grotto (great). We had the parkhopper which we usually don't do at DW but since it is SO close to walk from DCA to WDL it TOTALLY makes sense. Also DTD is SO easy to walk to. Only thing I'd rethink is staying on site only to get early hours to the park. For us it wasn't a big deal -- we had it for one day. But since we came from East Coast kids were up super early and we would have used it. Also we had NO lines for anything -- maybe 30 mins for the 4D Toy Story thing (we got there late). We were on the first submarine for Nemo and longest was maybe Autopedia for 20 mins once (we did it 5 times). We LOVED using the fastpasses.

HTH!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Great review- I keep thinking about trying Disneyland- but it's a hard sell when WDW is so close by!

Did I see you are headed to WDW soon too, I think you posted your dining schedule...I was comparing as we are headed there next month!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    Did I see you are headed to WDW soon too, I think you posted your dining schedule...I was comparing as we are headed there next month!
    Yes just booked the AKL (also have a booking for Poly -- CANNOT DECIDE!) for Jan 2010! HAVE FUN!!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A little help, what are DCA & DCT?

MIL lives in SoCal and we are thinking DL for our next trip out there, so this is interesting reading. Especially the coming from the East Coast part. (Although, does DL open at 4am, this is when DD2 kept waking up last time we were in CA, LOL!)

Everyone's reviews of DL have sounded great, this is getting me excited although we have no target date to go out there yet!

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Yes just booked the AKL (also have a booking for Poly -- CANNOT DECIDE!) for Jan 2010! HAVE FUN!!
    /hillary
    We tend to spend a lot of time at MK and Epcot, and we go to a lot of monorail resort restaurants, so I think my vote would be Poly, though kids do love AKL! Our original reservation was for Poly, but when we were able to get BLT we switched to try something new!