lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Don't You Dare Call It "Joisey"

Hello folks!

I couldn't find this area when I plowed in this morning with questions about diapering, but, thankfully, I've now found it and here I am.

I'm a married 31-year-old 1st-time mom, lifetime "Jersey Girl" (as in "New Jersey") and our bundle-o-joy is due March 10, 2010.

So far, aside from the morning sickness, things are going well and I'm already "window shopping" a lot of baby items online ... this is mostly because I'm constantly on the BRU website because my younger sister is also expecting and due in November. (That is, in and of itself, terrifying.)

I work full-time as an Editor/Layout Expert for a legal publishing company and fully intend on returning to the job (full-time) after enjoying the full duration of any maternity leave I am eligible to take ... I think I am covered for up to 25 weeks' leave, but have to check with HR.

My parents, in-laws and extended family are all excited about Baby-on-the-Way ... and are, of course, offering lots of advice and empathy. So far, this is great. (I'm sure, however, once Baby arrives and I do things differently from one or the other of them, they'll have something to say about it!!!)

Anyway, I'm glad to be here now that I can finally tolerate extended periods on the computer and hope I'll be here for a good long while.

Congrats, and welcome! Sounds like you've got a sweet maternity leave to look forward to--awesome!
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by misshollygolightly View Post
    Congrats, and welcome! Sounds like you've got a sweet maternity leave to look forward to--awesome!
    Thank you.

I just realized that, say what you want about Governor Corzine, the NJ FLA coverage is pretty sweet, too. 6 weeks guaranteed ... OK, so it's at unemployment pay, but that's still more than Federal FMLA - which is 12 weeks unpaid!

I'm going to have to hash out the details with HR before I start counting weeks, though. I'd like to stay home as long as possible simply because I'm really burnt out and an extended vacation is just what I need! (OK, so it's not a true vacation, but any time away from the office nowadays makes me a bit more calm and relaxed!)