Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It does get better! We're only a couple of months ahead of you, and it's only in the past month or two that we occasionally get both babies sleeping through the night for 6+h.

That said, the two are at each other constantly. One always wants what the other has. They even manage to bother each other when I'm nursing them both at the same time...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks guys for taking time to respond. It really has made me feel better to know you can identify and are making it work.

Things have just been so tough around here with no sleep. I don't even mean STTN, I mean sleeping 2 or 3 hours would feel like a miracle. I've just been on the verge of a breakdown because of that.

Those of you who mentioned guilt because of your older child, you are so right. I feel awful for my preschooler. He has had such a boring summer. Not to mention that he gets the brunt of my wrath from being sleep deprived and being overwhelmed. I expect so much of him, but he isn't even 4 yet.

Someone seemed to think we were bottle feeding, we aren't. I'm nursing---which I am glad to be doing. But it is also so hard because it means it is MY responsibility everytime. One of my boys is a nurse-aholic and it is so irritating---but I know he just wants mom cuddles. By definition he only gets 1/2 the attention (or is it 1/3) my oldest got.

And yes, I too struggle with being resentful of having twins --and being in awe of something special. I feel guilty for those feelings too, because we wanted a second child so much (fertility treatments etc) and two is certainly better than none! But wow, I wish I could have had them one at at time.

oops, someone is crying. I'll try to come back and write more....but if I don't get to it. Thanks again for listening.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    Thanks guys for taking time to respond. It really has made me feel better to know you can identify and are making it work.

Things have just been so tough around here with no sleep. I don't even mean STTN, I mean sleeping 2 or 3 hours would feel like a miracle. I've just been on the verge of a breakdown because of that.

Those of you who mentioned guilt because of your older child, you are so right. I feel awful for my preschooler. He has had such a boring summer. Not to mention that he gets the brunt of my wrath from being sleep deprived and being overwhelmed. I expect so much of him, but he isn't even 4 yet.

Someone seemed to think we were bottle feeding, we aren't. I'm nursing---which I am glad to be doing. But it is also so hard because it means it is MY responsibility everytime. One of my boys is a nurse-aholic and it is so irritating---but I know he just wants mom cuddles. By definition he only gets 1/2 the attention (or is it 1/3) my oldest got.

And yes, I too struggle with being resentful of having twins --and being in awe of something special. I feel guilty for those feelings too, because we wanted a second child so much (fertility treatments etc) and two is certainly better than none! But wow, I wish I could have had them one at at time.

oops, someone is crying. I'll try to come back and write more....but if I don't get to it. Thanks again for listening.
    Just take as many pictures as you can. They don't even have to be great ones. Just leave the camera out to take spontaneous pictures. That way you will remember later the times that are a blank now. I feel like I completely missed out on Cha Cha's growth- can't even remember it- from 2yo to almost 4yo. Thank God for the pictures!

Hang in there! Nursing twins is A VERY, VERY TOUGH JOB. You should be very proud of yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back and know that you are not alone. Oh and 3.5yo is a very trying age. You are really getting the challenge of your life right now!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2