Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have an ergo and a hotsling..........DD loves being in the ergo now (she's 18 months)....but I have a hard time using it by myself.....I feel like it's too big for me (I'm 5'5'')............the hotsling was okay....but it seemed like I could never get DD positioned right.................

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

newg: Did you try the Pikkolo? Petite moms (like us) complains that the Ergo doesn't fit them right. The Pikkolo is highly adjustable so you can custom fit it to your body. I'm only 5'3 with a really short torso and it fits me as well as it fits my 5'8 husband with a long torso.

I also liked the Bjorn until around 3 months. Get one used - they aren't comfy for too long, especially if you have a big/tall baby. But they are SUPER easy to use, washable, and DH friendly. We used it on walks all the time.

At around 3 months, I really liked my Connecta (like Pikkolo but taller and less bulky). It is like a mei tai but with buckles, and DH loved it (no girly frilly ties). I loved it too. Extremely comfortable, easy to use, adjustable, cool fabrics, excellent construction. I ordered mine from the UK and it was worth every penny. I think I used it for 1-2 hours every day until DS was about 10 months. Then I used the Beco Butterfly until around 20 months. Different ages, different carriers. These are what worked best for me and DH both. All easy to use, all easy to clean, all DH friendly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2