Thread: Glider help

Sidney is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Glider help

I am looking for a glider and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I think I want a chocolate brown chair with some sort of blue accents...piping, buttons, etc. I don't want something with a pattern all over the chair. I've done searches but haven't come up with much. I've found a $1000 glider...no thanks! I'd like to keep the price at a few hundred dollars, and comfort is also a factor.

I am open to the style of the chair, but it does have to glide. Has anyone seen anything like this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

czekit7 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Glider option

Well, based on my husband's ability to start drooling at the word...we found a fantastic glider by "Best Furniture" that was at one of our local baby nursery stores...resembles a lazyboy styling, but glides (w/ottoman), and can be personalized to a thousand different color/fabric combinations. My husband and I are both larger (6'2" and 6'8") and it was WONDERFULLY comfortable. The price tag at this particular store (in Broken Arrow, OK) was $699 (inc ottoman). Good luck.

I love love LOVE my shermag glider. Am actually sitting in it right now We bought ours at Babies R Us, but here's a link to a similar one:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...LAID=292389171

My idea is that you might have an easier time just finding a chocolate brown glider you like, and then sewing or gluing decorative blue buttons on yourself. Or, another thought: buy or sew a small blue throw pillow or blue afghan or other decorative accent to achieve the combo you're after. I think that would be much easier and less expensive than purchasing the exact color combo you've got in mind. Plus, I think that a solid chocolate brown glider would be easier to resell or use in another room (besides the nursery or whatever) whenever you no longer need it for your little one. Good luck!
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11