Thread: Ikea

Exclamation Ikea

I was all set to buy an IKEA crib, since it was one of the highest rated in your book, and the price was certainly right ($139 to get a crib and a mattress)...HOWEVER...since I don't have an IKEA store in my state, I had to have it shipped...and that is where it all came to pieces. The cost of the shipping was over $250!! So now my nice inexpensive crib that I'm buying to conserve money is now over $400! I was [U]very[U] disappointed. I am now shopping around on Craigslist to see if I can find a decent crib for a decent price...and of couse I'll be checking for any potential recalls!

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How far away are you from IKEA? I know some people who will make a day trip with a friend, get everything they need and then drive home again.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

An Ikea crib is also something I wouldn't buy without seeing in person first too. They look a little different IRL than in the catalog or online.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yeah. Ikea is only economical if you can go there in person!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We rented a van, drove 2 hours and bought everything we needed in one trip. Just make a list, check it twice, and go shop.
    We got the Gulliver crib and the Sultana mattress, and I couldn't be happier with both. We'll see if the baby liked them too.

Unhappy IKEA stores

Closest IKEA's to me would be in AZ, CA, or UT...I'm in CO. Even the closest would be more than a day trip for me. I thought they were planning on building one in Denver, but could find no information on that. Oh well...

Uggh, sorry to hear you are too far away to get to IKEA. We got our crib/nursery set there and love it. We also considered shipping because the crib we wanted was always out of stock, but the shipping rate was insane. We got lucky and were able to get it in time.