Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

today i helped ds2 learn how to roll from his front, back to his back. we practiced like crazy. i can't believe how quickly he learned to roll back to front. it took about a day. the only way for me to feel ok about leaving him that way is to make sure he can get back over if he needs/wants too.

with our ds his screams a muffled bloody murder. can't leave him that way. i roll him back. if he rolled and stayed that way asleep, i would certainly leave him, but he screams. roll him back? of course, i hope that today's practice will reap some benefits.

how does that sound? ds1 layed like a meatloaf until he was MUCH older. this is all new to me.
    neeley

When I spoke to DD pediatrician today, they at first mentioned I should try a sleep positioner. I explained that she probably wouldn't like that since she is all over the place in the crib at night. They did tell me that there really isn't much I can do. As long as the crib is safe and free of obstructions and she is comfortable on her tummy then to leave her that way. Now if I can figure out why she won't nap for me in her crib at all during the day then I'll be set.

mommyp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would not use a sleep positioner, I'm surprised a ped would say that, but then say to keep the crib free of obstructions? Anyway DD was (and still is) a big roller and mover in her sleep and often ended up on her tummy at that age. As pp said, I would make it safe as you can and then leave her be. And the sleepsack probably won't be a problem either, DD used one at that age and rolled all over, and now she can walk around her crib in the morning still wearing it, so if they want to move it doesn't appear to hinder them!
    DD January 2008
    DS September 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2