Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 4 mo old rolling onto stomach during sleep

I am freaking out b/c I found DD twice today on her belly sleeping after she has been put to bed on her back. She has been rolling from belly to back for the past month now and it's only today that I've noticed she can now roll the opposite way. My question is should I go in and roll her over if I find her this way? It really scares me b/c she is only 4 months old and while I do give her tummy time everyday, I worry because I've never seen her roll that way while she is awake and she always seem to fuss while on her stomach. Does anyone have a DC that does this?

mine 4 mos old does the same thing. i often hear the muffled cry. what i have been doing is just going in an rolling him back. i don't say a word, and we keep the room quite dark.

ds1 didn't roll until he was 7mos+ (very late). he never moved an inch in his crib. not sure how to deal with this very active already boy. hope someone has some good advice.
    neeley

deannanb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS is all over the crib at night - back to stomach to side to front to back....(we have a video cam in his room!)

I would make sure there aren't any blankets or bumpers in the crib and not worry about being on her stomach -
    Deanna
    my three sons
    8/95, 10/04 and 6/08

No blankets, no bumpers. I did have her in a Halo Sleepsack but took it off for tonight thinking that if she did roll onto her belly it might be easier to roll back. I have rolled her back for naps but what I can do for nighttime sleep? I do not have a video monitor.

anything else? do we roll them back?
    neeley

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Leave a sleeping baby alone Honestly if YOU wanted to sleep on your belly and someone came and rolled you back over you would be ticked. If a baby is strong enough to roll dont worry about how they are sleeping. Ive had 3 ( of 4) who were belly sleepers early on and still are. MANY decades babies were put to sleep in their tummies because they slept better.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Once they start being able to roll, MANY babies roll to their tummies. Very very normal. I personally wouldn't worry about it, let sleeping babies lie

I don't have personal experience on this one though, since my DD was a strong roller before she started going onto her tummy at night so I had no concerns about her being able to get back on her back if she needed/wanted to. But I know there have been lots of threads on this here and the consensus always seems to be - if they get that way on their own, no worries.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would never roll baby back. They'll be fine. Like pp said, keep the crib free of any potential hazards then let them be. You did the best you could and you all need sleep.

Beth

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ours has been doing this since 5 mo or so. If he rolls on his tummy and fusses/cries, of course we roll him back, or take him out of the crib, comfort him, and put him back to sleep on his back. If he rolls on his tummy and sleeps that way, we let him sleep! He is usually on his tummy in the morning. We do use a sleepsack (grobag) and don't have bumpers, so don't really see how he could get into into a position where there's something covering his mouth or nose. We do not have a video monitor.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was told with DD2 (she started doing this in her crib at night at 6 months) to just let her sleep on her tummy if that's what she prefers. THe ped said to put her on her back of course but if she rolls over to her tummy to just let her be

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast