Default anyone have the original Cricut machine?

And do you like it?

I have quite a few projects coming up in the next few months and some of these cartridges would really help.
    I'm curious as to if it works well and would you buy it again?
    Do all of the cartridges work on all the machines?

Thanks
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the expression and LOVE it. All of the carts work in each of the machines. I decided on the expression so I could cut a bigger image, but imagine I would be happy with the original as well. Their carts keep getting better and better and I'm looking forward to doing some crafting for holiday projects soon

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the original Cricut machine. I like it AND don't like it. I like it because its a lot easier and faster to cut out letters than Sizzix. You also have the option of making letters bold, outline, etc. I use it mostly for lettering, but I've noticed some screaming deals on cartridges on Ebay so I may start getting some more decorative cartridges. I don't like it because I seem to waste a lot of paper trying to (1) pick the right height for letters for my project--I make them too big or too small and have to start over (but it could be that I'm just not thinking it through before I cut); (2) trying to find the right depth for the blade to cut different thicknesses of paper without either tearing the paper or not cutting deep enough (this has been the most frustrating thing about the Cricut for me); or (3) a new mat being too sticky so the paper doesn't come up easily. I've wasted a lot of paper on Cricut The original Cricut machine only allows you to cut images up to 5.5". If you want bigger images, look at the Cricut Expression or the Cricut Create. All that said, I do use my Cricut and I'm glad I have it.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I have the orginal one because I got a great deal on it during a black friday special. I love it. I haven't had the need to do anything larger than 5.5 and I like that its more portable than the expression. I scrapbook and mainly use it for letters, but when I teach next year I am sure that I will also use it for classroom stuff as well. I don't plan on buying the expression because this one really meets my needs.

Thanks

I was looking at both the original and the expression but there's a craft store by us who's not going to carry cricut anymore and had the original for 79.00. She's holding one for me until today so for that price I'm going to grab it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something people regretted buying
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For $79?...I say you grab it!
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    Thanks

I was looking at both the original and the expression but there's a craft store by us who's not going to carry cricut anymore and had the original for 79.00. She's holding one for me until today so for that price I'm going to grab it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something people regretted buying
    Do you mind sharing what store in MA? I've been wanting one but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The cheapst I've seen it is $99 at AC Moore.