Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Two changing tables?

We currently have a stand alone changing table in Dylan's room (upstairs) as well as a changing table that attaches to his Pack and Play (downstairs). Since we spend most of our time downstairs, the Pack and Play changing table gets the most use by far. Dylan is fast approaching the 15 pound weight limit for the Pack and Play changing table, and we are debating what to do once he can no longer use it.

Just wondering what others have done in this same situation? Do we suck it up and go upstairs to change all his diapers going forward? Should we purchase another cheapie stand alone table for downstairs use? Other suggestions...?

TIA!
    Alyssa
    DS 6/09 & DD 8/11

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I pushed the boundaries of the weight limit on the pnp changing table until DD was about [gasp!] 16-17 lbs. Then I just changed her on the floor. However, this was also the time she started eating some solids and her poops declined in frequency. I think you could get away with not having to buy something else.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wouldn't buy something else. I was in the same boat as you and wondered what I would do when we hit the weight limit. By the time that happened he needed fewer diaper changes. With ds1 I just used the upstairs' changing table and with ds2 I changed him on the floor downstairs.

Beth

I think the 15 pound weight limit is for the bassinet. I'm pretty sure the changing table has a 25 pound weight limit.

Not sure where your laundry room is. We just put a changing pad on top of the dryer and hung a diaper organizer on the wall and made a great changing station in the laundry room downstairs.
    Becca- 02/2009

Quote Originally Posted by Krisrich View Post
    I think the 15 pound weight limit is for the bassinet. I'm pretty sure the changing table has a 25 pound weight limit.

The weight limit on ours is 25 lbs for the changing table, 15 lbs for the bassinet.
    -Suzanne

Mommy to A. 7/08

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I just have a soft, washable changing pad and change in the living room. If I happen to be upstairs, I'll use the change table.
    Kris

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Try a diaper caddy

We keep a diaper caddy downstairs and just change DD on the ottoman. It was one of the most handy shower gifts we got. You can keep ~8 diapers, wipes and diaper cream etc in there.
    http://www.diapers.com/Product/Produ...&ci_sku=JC-004

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh View Post
    We keep a diaper caddy downstairs and just change DD on the ottoman. It was one of the most handy shower gifts we got. You can keep ~8 diapers, wipes and diaper cream etc in there.
    http://www.diapers.com/Product/Produ...&ci_sku=JC-004
    We have this diaper caddy as well and it rocks.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Ikea sells a really cute folding changing table.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00147337

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast