Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Sleeping arrangment for 28 month old while traveling-Need Suggestions

We are going with our DC abroad to visit relatives. They do not have a crib availaile. What type of bedding would you use? We have never traveled for, and always used pack and play, but clearly it is too heavy and our DC has outgrown it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

By that age, my kids were in twin beds. If you don't think a bed woudl work, what about a sleeping bag or blankets on the floor? If we were in a hotel, the kid just slept between us on the larger bed.
    Kris

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If we were in a hotel, the kid just slept between us on the larger bed.
    This what we usually do. We never really used a PnP after our kids were infants.

For a 28 month old, a low cot if that is available could work as well.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

My DC sleeps in her own crib now and has not tried to climb out of it. We never stayed elsewhere and never had to considering sleeping in the same bed. I really don't want to start doing that now.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My kids don't sleep in our bed at home, just on road trips. It's kind of a fun part of travel for them and for me it's worth it because it simplifies logistics (less to travel with, less to have in the room, etc.)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

If someone could recommend a bed of some sort, that would be great. I am not sure i want to have the child sleep on the floor.

We use pea pod plus for travelling. They are easy to travel with, but my DC recently learned how to get out of them (see post in BP) and I had to use a twist tie to keep them from running around all night.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We bought a small inflatable mattress/sleeping bag combo. I found it at Target for about $15-$20 bucks. I think they only had character ones, so we ended up with Dora, but that worked really well for DD for the 2-4 year age range. When it's deflated, it doesn't take up a whole lot of room, so it was good for travelling.
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

My DD (she's 28 mths now) had her first overnight w/ the grandparents and we bought her an inflatable bed from WalMart. I believe we found it in the camping section- they had Disney princess and Cars designs and were approximately $30. I wanted one with the raised sides since she's a bit of a mover when she sleeps, but they pushed it against a wall and put pillows on the floor on the opposite side and it seemed to work fine. She sleeps in her crib at home but seemed to like the novelty of her "princess bed" and did pretty well staying put (at least, that's what the grandparents said!)

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have 2 of these for our boys: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princes...ref=pd_sbs_t_5 (not the princess ones, LOL). They are nice, but one sprnug a leak after a jumping incident.

We have this one for DD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

It is awesome, but it plugs into the wall to inflate which might be a problem abroad (different voltage).

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast