Default Baby safe stuffed animals?

Alright. THIS week I’m obsessing over stuffed animals. It’s not DD that is going to turn me gray- I’m doing it to myself.

She’s started showing interest in her stuffed animals, and I’ve noticed that they all have plastic eyes. Expect for the poor little lamb that our big dog massacred this evening (that’s a whole ‘nother topic).

So I’m looking for a baby safe stuffed animal. I’d like it not to have plastic eyes, because I’d like this to be something she can sleep with when she gets a bit older. She is a mouthy little critter, so I need no plastic eyes to be sucked or chewed on.

When my nephews and niece were babies (2002-2006), I found them wonderful stuffed animals at PBK. I don’t see them now.

I don’t know where to look. I’m not having any luck. Until I decided I needed organic. Then found a fabulous bear- for $54.00. Gads! Even if the big dog wasn’t a threat, that’s an awful lot for a bear.

Really, I think I’m spinning out of control and making a very simple thing much, much more complicated than it should be. Talk me down? And if you have a website you’d like to direct me to- that’d be great!
    Becca- 02/2009

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Here are some available at TRUS. DS received the monkey as a gift and really likes it. Spunky also sleeps in his crib - he enjoys chewing on the tail. The eyes and nose on both are sewn - no buttons to fall off. We've had both since DS was born but he didn't start sleeping with them until much later. GL
    Last edited by jgenie; 08-27-2009 at 05:20 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If you want organic, have you tried a Whole Foods or natural food store in your area? Both my WF and local co-op have a baby section and I have seen stuffed animals, much more reasonably priced, there.

BEth

I was also going to suggest Gund Baby. It's a whole line of baby appropriate stuffed animals.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Yeah! Thank you!
    The MiYim Organic Fairytale Baby Bunny is perfect!!!
    Becca- 02/2009