Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, definitely not more Presbyterian/Methodist/Lutheran etc. But I think for some denominations, Baptist for one and to the Catholic church baptism does have a very different meaning and significance.

Quote Originally Posted by mamicka View Post
    Yes, I know that. I just mean - so the OP decides to have DC baptized in the Presbyterian church. Does that mean that the DC will somehow be considered more Presbyterian? That baptism will be recognized by the Catholic church as no different than a baptism in a Catholic church. So what's the difference? So I guess what I mean by "just baptized" is - does it have to be qualified by the denomination? For example, does one have to say I was baptized Methodist or can one just say I was baptized?

Maybe I'm not explaining myself well.

FTR, I understand that the sacrament of baptism is very important, it certainly is to me. I'm not making light of it by saying "just baptized". I also think that the OP should really think about what baptism means to them as others have advised. I'm just wondering if people think it makes a difference which denomination performs the baptism.
    ITA that the OP should spend some time thinking and talking to her DH about what baptism means to each and their desires concerning religious education and church membership for their family.
    Last edited by KpbS; 08-28-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typo
    K