So DS is 11 mo and we are thinking of having him baptized.
I am not particularly religious, but DH is Catholic and would really like to have DS baptized. I'm a Methodist, but more spiritual than religious. For the baptism ceremony, I am not partial to any particular denomination (I was brought up believing Christian is Christian, and denomination is not really important), but we are not members of any particular church/community (as in, not regular churchgoers.)
The Catholic churches in our area (Boston) seem to have strict regulations about how/when we can have him baptized, and about being members, etc. (I haven't actually talked to them, this is through research on their websites. But we were "burned" by a Catholic church before when we were getting married and the Catholic priest told us we couldn't have the wedding the way we wanted and implied we were stupid to even ask - we're both from other countries, and he really discouraged us, which is part of the reason we're not regular churchgoers. But I digress.)
We really want DS to be baptized, but we want it to be in a church/denomination that is open to the fact that DH is Catholic and I'm not, and that doesn't necessarily tie DS into any particular denomination (ESPECIALLY a denomination other than Catholic or Methodist - that would be too many denominations in one family LOL!) Basically let him decide when he grows older what denomination he prefers.
Any suggestions for an "open" denomination that we should look into? I've heard of "United Parishes" with multiple denominations - think I should look into those?
Or any other ideas I haven't though of? WWYD?
Thanks!