13 10.83%
  • My spouse does it!

51 42.50%
  • We have a service that we pay.

41 34.17%
  • Obligatory other (Please explain)

8 6.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH used to as a neighbor handed us a brand new mower for free when we moved in. The entire lawn takes 1 hour. DH however is not a fix it work outside kind of guy. He SUCKS at that type of stuff. Plus he works like a dog at his 9-5 job then comes home and works nights and weekends on private client work (he doesn't have to do this, but he really enjoys the work and it does bring in extra $$ for savings).

I have never mowed our lawn. There is no way with 2 little kids who want to be with mommy all the time. Another neighbor has a lawn service and gives us a nice deal on the mowing.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Before kids, always DH. Since our 5 1/2 year old was about 6 months old, me. I actually don't mind doing it. I was actually excited to get a trimmer as a Mother's Day gift since I couldn't start the one DH had.

I am a SAHM and it is actually very selfish of me. I started doing it during the day because I either wanted to go out with girlfriends or do something as a family and didn't want DH claiming the yardwork was preventing us. Since then I enjoy the exercise and escape. I frequently mow in the evenings after dinner while DH plays with the kids. After a full day of them, I enjoy the peace of the mowing.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My husband usually does, but I will if it's been awhile and I'm out there and bored. It's not a big lawn, we have an old-fashioned rotary push mower and it takes about 20 minutes, tops.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

We hire someone to come mow and trim our front and backyard every 2 weeks. DH does all the planting.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I voted "other", dh was mowing but a neighbor kid does it now.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have very little lawn to mow. Very little. So little scissors might be more efficient than the reel mower we use.

We cut the grass every so often when we are watering the veggies/flowers and weeding.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4