Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yep. I do feel like that, and rightfully so. Just look at my posts and my join date. I spend WAY too much time on here.

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used to feel that I'm spending too much time on the PC. Then I read a post a while ago about moms with internet addiction and that really helped to make a change. Of course now that I'm back at work, hanging out here or surfing is not as easy with all the demands on my time. I haven't read Melissa's post but I'll look out for it now.

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, totally. I actually don't surf that often while DD is around, so that part is good, but I do start surfing on my downtime and spend much more time than I intend on the computer. Time that could be better spent doing things... or sleeping.

I've been trying to cut back on my time, but it's hard, since there _are_ legitimate things I need to do on the computer too. Once I get started, then I tend to look up "just one more thing" and before I know it, 2 more hours have passed. I've tried setting a timer, which has shown me just how addictive it is... I'm always "in the middle of something" when the timer goes off, and if I don't reset it, well, I'm still capable of losing track of another 20-30 minutes before I realize what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd View Post
    Then I read a post a while ago about moms with internet addiction and that really helped to make a change.
    Can you link to this post? Share, please!

OK, so this is my last post of the night. At least tonight I did intend to surf aimlessly and not really get anything accomplished, but if I don't logoff now I'll stay up too late... again...
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Too much.
    I have been better today. DH was gone all day and I did have a break and check in, but DS and I did a lot of activities today. I'll try one day at a time to be more engaged.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I can close the computer (mine is a laptop) when I start feeling guilty about how much time I"m on it. But, my problem is that when I do need to go to it for information or to order groceries or something, I check these boards first. Then "just for a minute" always turns into a half hour or more. Sometimes I even forget why I got on the internet in the first place. I also come here to procrastinate cleaning up after meals. I HATE it. Every meal means there is food all over the floor and many dishes used trying to appeal to lots of different appetites. I hate it. And I procratinate doing it by playing on the internet.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I generally handle DS 24/7. I rationalize it because DH travels and works long hours and DS won't nap during the day alone so I don't get a break. I've noticed that if I'm in the room with DS doing something else he will play on his own happily, but the minute I bring out the computer he gets needy. I guess that tells me that I tend to zone out when I'm online and forget about the time. We have company this week and DH is off so I've only been on at night after DS goes to bed. If I need to look something up, I get on and off quickly which I don't generally do. I'm going to try to stay off the computer during the day next week when we're on our own again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2