Kitten007 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Growing Up Toooo Fast....

So I had to share this funny story.....

Last night I decided to take my shower before bed....well DS1 and I were brushing his teeth and getting him ready for bed. I went into his room to pick up the toys and turn down the sheets and found him in the bathroom on his Bjorn stepstool staring in the sink. Okay no biggy at least he isn't throwing toys in the toilet. I checked on him again during clean up and he was still at the sink (odd.....). So I am finally done and tell him to get into bed (which thank goodness he does) and head into the bathroom for my shower........

This is were it gets weird.....

So I go into the bathroom and find the Bjorn Toilet insert perfectly placed on the toilet.....odd...... "Hunny? Did you put DS1 toilet seat down for him to try it out?" (DS1 is not currently being potty trained/hasn't even started.) He says no. Weird..... I turn around and BAM!!! DS1 comes walking over and squats next to the toilet. Okay let's reward him by getting him up there and letting him pretend. So I strip off his diaper and sit him down and..........HE PEES!!!!!!!!!!! I cheered and clapped and he was just beaming with pride!

So amazing.....and weird........
    Two Crazy Boys and A Baby Girl!

my mom says I did the same thing and potty trained fast. weird.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sister, weird or not, jump on that opportunity! Bless his heart, if this is his moment, so be it, but I remember seeing glimmers of "readiness" and putting them to the side because she was simply too young, by all "expert" analysis.

This from the mother of a 2.5 y.o. who's now "too busy" to use the potty, and has no interest in keeping Elmo, Dora, etc. undies clean and dry (forget her Hanna unders, they're boring) because, "Of course we can wash them! I'll help!" she says.

AAARGH! Helping's not the point . . . .
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

That is awesome!!! Hope that pattern sticks.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~