Default 6-year-old girl too old for a Bilibo?

Would a 6-year-old girl be too old to think a Bilibo was fun? Any thoughts?
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

To me that would depend on the child's personality and circumstances. Is she active/physical? Into imaninary play? Have a set up where she could use it to scoop and form sand, dirt, what have you, into her own architectural wonders? Plant an herb garden in it? Etc, etc, etc.

I'm not there yet, but at that age I'd wonder if toys with vague or general purpose are really that "fun."

But still, depends on the kid (and the parents, too, I think).
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD is 5 1/2 and we saw one at the toy store today. She sat in it for a few secs, wasn't all that interested, and went off to look at the American Girl books. I've noticed that she's more into doll play with extensive dialogues now. She does still use boxes, but decorating them is 1/2 the fun which you can't really do w/ the Bilibo.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS1 isn't very interested in our Bilibo.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My twins (coming up on 1) have much more fun than big brother (5.5). If they're playing with them, he'll play for a few minutes. But it's not something he'll start with.
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I found a Bilibo at a thrift store about a year ago and bought it thinking that I had to see what all the fuss was about. My kids (now 2, 4 and 6) had no idea what to do with it. It didn't work for sledding. It was only fun to spin it around on the carpet a few times. It wasn't that useful for transporting things around the house (2-y/o prefers a cloth bag). It wasn't comfortable as a stool. After a year of just moving it around the playroom, I gave it away.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

I don't know what a Bilibo is, which is probably why I keep reversing the letter b to d and reading this question entirely wrong. Oh well, if that were the question, the answer would be easy!
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

So, it sort-of sounds like no matter what the age, the Bilibo isn't all that much fun anyway... I was considering it for my 3.5-year-old nephew at least (and thought maybe getting one for his sister, too, would be a good idea), but maybe I'll come up with a different plan!
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have a bililbo that DC LOVES and has since day one. I put it up there as one of the BEST TOYS. However, at age 5 it gets much less play than it use to. I'd say that a bilibo at 6 is a great toy to KEEP (DC isn't ready to get rid of the one we have yet), but I wouldn't BUY one for a 6yo unless they request it.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wouldn't bother at this age. 6 is old enough to make other found objects just as useful, and probably more fun. A cardboard box can be a house or cave for stuffed animals. A medium-sized paper bag can be cut into a mask. And a kid's bottom can be used for sitting.

How about superhero capes for both?