Default photos in a backpack?

DD1 wants to have a few pictures in her backpack when she goes off to school next week. This was my idea after she had a complete meltdown over how much she was going to miss her sister when she goes to school...no amount of reassuring her about how she's not actually going to be away from us every single minute she's awake seems to be working!

Are there any creative minds out there as to how to accomplish this? Just a cheapy brag book type of thing? Or is there something better (and cuter) out there?

Thanks!
    Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

These are ID tags, but maybe you could do a couple photos and put them on a key ring for her?

http://controllingmychaos.blogspot.c...-take-two.html
    Kris

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    Just a cheapy brag book type of thing? Or is there something better (and cuter) out there?

Thanks!
    Sarah
    We were asked to provide a photo for DS's emergency bag at preschool/pre-K. We choose to get a hardcover brag book from a drugstore (prob Walgreens) and put several pics in it. I doubt I paid more than $5 for it and he used it for 2 years. It didn't get daily use, but with the hardcover I would imagine it would survive for a while. Our brag book was a plain cover so I spelled out DS's name in scrapbook letters and a sticker as decoration.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had this when I was little. I missed my parents very much when I was in school (I was an only child and I was and still am very close to my parents). They bought cheap little frames, but they were breakable so I don't know how that would work.

I like the idea of the keychain
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

OK, those ID tags are very, very cool. I'm pretty creative and crafty when it comes to yarn, but not so much with paper - or laminating! I think I might have to forward that link to a scrapbooking friend of mine and beg her to make DD1 something like that!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

I didn't know brag books came in a hardcover version. That sounds perfect! I'll have to see if I can get my hands on one of those this week.

Thanks!
    Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

It's so sweet that your parents put little framed pictures in your bag. I honestly can't remember missing my parents while at school, so this is sort of a foriegn concept for me. Although, I think I really will miss having the little munchkin at home with me, so I suppose it's no different.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

When my daughter went off to Kindergarten last year, she was terrified of missing me. I gave her a locket on a chain with a picture of her and I in it and one of her brother. It worked really well and she was able to look at it throughout the day.

In fact this year (1st grade) the first week of school, she had me put it on a charm bracelet because she still missed us.
    Steph
    DD 8/03
    DS 4/06

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

One thing I have done is to take 2 photos, put cardboard btwn them, and then put the pics facing outward. I then covered it with clear contact paper. I actually used wallet sized photos, and I then punched a hole in the finished product and put a ribbon through it so dd could wear it around her neck if she wanted....shortly after I did this I found one of those keychains that allows you to insert a wallet sized photo and she now has that...unfortunately, I dont remember where I got it.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes