Default Ever look at a word you spelled and think, am I nuts?

I did this twice today, I can't seem to spell occasionally or polish (nail) correctly. I keep looking at them thinking, "am I nuts, or is that spelled right?". Polish, looks like Polish (the nationality) to me today! I do this with vacuum too.

Ahh, well, maybe I am crazy!!!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I still remember one day when words starting with "th" or "wh" just didn't look right. It was about 20 years ago and I still remember how puzzled I felt because the words just didn't make sense the way they were (properly) spelled.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I used to be sooo good about spelling words. I could just visualize it and know if it was spelled right or not. But I'm definitely crazy because I look at words I use daily and often I doubt myself. But most of the time I just blame it on being spread too thin and sleep deprivation.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, there are days that simple words look funny to me and I admit to typing them into Word to check them.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can never spell "gauge" right. I had to look it up just now! Or "misspell".
    My boss does not differentiate between "then" and "than". He uses "than" for everything. So annoying and I don't have the cojones to correct him.
    DD
    DS

Okeedoke, I feel better now!!!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2