Hi all, I have accepted a part-time teaching position at a local school and now need to finalize care for my DD. I have two options right now: a lady who we previously had as a nanny in the past is willing to work for part time for us. Obviously, we trust her and have no issues with her. The only thing that I would say she lacks, if anything, is that she is not the most energetic person. She is in her early fifties and is very "grandmotherly", which is nice, but she will probably not sit with DD to read her a book, do puzzles, draw pictures, etc. In other words, DD will not be all that intellectually stimulated. Will she be safe, loved and well taken cared off - definitely!

My other option is a lady that we know and again, trust, who is offering in-home day care. She has about 5-6 kids and an assistant. The advantages that I see with the in-home day care is that DD will be interacting with other children and thus will be more entertained and stimulated.

Both options are about the same cost wise, with the nanny option being about $40 more per week. I am not sure which way I am going to go. The second option requires us to plan our schedules more carefully and be much more organized in the mornings. Any thoughts? TIA