Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You are not alone! I am constantly over-processing, and have been dropping and otherwise mangling things and myself since I've had kids. I can't believe I walk into major pieces of furniture and the house, but I do.

Between that and my little guys, for whom exploring the world is taking its toll on *me*, I'm a mass of bruises.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

YES. It's a good day if I haven't gotten a bump, cut, scrape or bruise. Being a SAHM, I'm a lot more physically active during the day than I was at work. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Since I posted earlier today, I have:
    - had a 10 month old drop her full sippy cup on my big toe. Ouch!
    - bumped my toes on some heretofore unknown sharp plastic edge on the vacuum.
    -gotten bonked in the small of the back by the handle of a runaway trash contained while attempting to wheel it out to the road while pulling the girls in their wagon.

I should go to bed now, I think...
    Catherine

Mom to:
    DD#1 3/07
    DD#2 10/08

and "Bonus Mom" to:
    DSD
    DSS#1
    DSS #2

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    Definitely. Plus, I am constantly bruised from the girls grabbing/kicking/pinching/hitting me. To the point that two of my coworkers took me aside and asked if DH was causing the bruising (he's definitely not, but objectively, I can see why they would be concerned). Usually, the bruises are self-inflicted, though. Like kicking the dishwasher door when its open. Walking into walls.

I totally chalk it up to being so tired I'm like the walking dead....
    Melissa, I think both the clumsiness and the exhaustion could be a sign that your thyroid is out of whack. I know you have had problems with it before, maybe it is time for a fresh round of tests? I was going to suggest it in your thread but thought it might get lost there.
    It really could be the answer to a lot of your questions. I am not a doctor, just a fellow sufferer who has learned not to underestimate the power of hormones.
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was clumsy before dd, but way more so now. It's a running joke w/ dh. I poke myself in the eye, trip, loose my balance. I just thought it was the fibro or fatigue.

But Pam, you have a good point. I'm hypothyroid/hashimoto's for past 15 yrs and since having my ovaries out, I've had to increase the meds. I'm due to retest in 2 weeks and maybe I'm still too hypo (underactive) or maybe the hashimoto's part is off - the auto immune part, which is why i take Cytomel/T3.

For me, when I'm too hypothyroid I'm more tired, fatigued, achy, depressed, out of it, frustrated, gain weight, impatient, forgetful, sleep issues and very possibly now...clumsy

Regardless of surgery though, sometimes my TSH numbers just change. (But during and post prego did it too). FYI - the official endocrinology society (can't remember name) says the correct range for TSH is .3 to 3., not the .5 to 5 that labs still use. I feel best around 1.0. Great site www.thyroid.about.com
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

purpleeyes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ugh, so true!
    I think it is b/c I am constantly trying to multi-task, or I my focus is interrupted b/c they are being crazy or rough... I have two burns(!) right now that really hurt-all b/c I was talking/yelling/dealing with the kiddos while taking stuff out of the oven.
    It was a good lesson... I *have* to slow down!
    B

DS
    DD

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetivo View Post
    For me, when I'm too hypothyroid I'm more tired, fatigued, achy, depressed, out of it, frustrated, gain weight, impatient, forgetful, sleep issues and very possibly now...clumsy

Regardless of surgery though, sometimes my TSH numbers just change. (But during and post prego did it too). FYI - the official endocrinology society (can't remember name) says the correct range for TSH is .3 to 3., not the .5 to 5 that labs still use. I feel best around 1.0.

Exactly. Hmmm.... I wonder if I should go and get retested now. That could really explain some of the snappiness and clumsiness I'm experiencing.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeofUs View Post
    I can't believe I walk into major pieces of furniture and the house, but I do.
    I walk into walls, misjudge where doors edges are and always hit my head on the freezer (top of fridge)
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetivo View Post

This is a great point. I have been up and down w/my thyroid meds, and the list above is a great warning sign to me about when to go back to the doc for a little "tweak" outside of my regular monitoring. I've always been clumsy too, but my super-clumsy times that result in tons of bruises, broken toes and other out-of-the-norm accidents, have recently coincided in needing to get my meds adjusted. (along with the other fun symptoms above)
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2