Default Vans with captains chairs in the second row

Does anyone have a good system for keeping toys/ books etc in arms reach for children in car seats in captains chairs in the second row of a van?

We have that space between the seats that I keep envisioning there should be something that sits high enough that is in the middle of the seats so that DCs could keep a basket or something there that they can reach in and grab things as they need it.

Does this exist?
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Have you checked out some of the ideas here...
    http://www.cargogear.com/Organizers/Organizers.aspx
    I have used something attached to the front seat (securely in case of accident) for the kids.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

I'll check those out. Thanks!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have the captain's chairs on our ody, and while I love them, my 2 year old throws everything into the great abyss between the seats. She takes off her shoes in the car and chucks them (all of the time!) into the space between the seats. Now that she's older, I can at least tell her she needs to retrieve her stuff from between the seats before we get out of the car. But yeah, we always have a bunch of cr@p between the seats and I hate climbing in to get it all!