Default kudos to walmart-return of recalled crib without box, reciept, questions....

Walmart just took back my 2005 aspen 4 in 1 crib that was recalled, looked up the ups # and refunded my full purchase amount and did so pleasantly. I know I was worried about how the heck I was supposed to return a recalled crib and it went really well! I had bought it there (it was our only baby store at the time, we now have a target too) so that helped a little I guess.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I called the Walmart where we bought our crib right after I heard about the recall. The manager was prepared, asked me for the code off the bed and told me they would take it back no problem and told me how much it originally was (I didn't remember).

She also asked if they were the closest Walmart, and if not I could return it to any store closer.

Well...... I went to the closer store. Fought with the customer service reps. Then fought with the manager. Then was told I could have a gift card but no refund. I told them what the other manager had said--I was told they didn't care--that each store's manager can decide how to handle 'returns' without a receipt. After 30 minutes of discussing that a recall was different than an actual return, I took the bed to the other store.

I was in and out with cash in less than 3 minutes.

So it might be a good idea to call ahead. ANd call another store if they sound less than helpful.
    Mom to Arwen (1/06), and two geriatric chihuahuas

yes, I did call ahead Good point!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)