Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Party favors for 1-year-old babies?

Any good ideas of things that aren't cheap junk (but are cheap anyway LOL)? I saw on etsy balloon balls (fabric covers in cute patterns that you blow up a balloon inside to make a ball that is lightweight, won't break things in the house, and won't pop as easily) and I thought that was a great idea...it's $5-$6 a pop. If I don't have too many kids coming to our girls' bday party I will probably do that, some stickers (great distractions for diaper changes!), and a rice krispy treat for fun. Any other good ideas for this age range?

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Bubbles! Toddlers love bubbles!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

deannanb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

egg shakers
    http://www.amazon.com/Dunlop-9103T-2.../dp/B0002F79E8

we got a rattle like these as a party favor - and it is used all of the time!
    Deanna
    my three sons
    8/95, 10/04 and 6/08

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Nesting/stacking cups. DS loved the Ikea ones (not sure if they still carry them, as this was 5 years ago now LOL).

O ball-there are two sizes so whatever fits in your budget.

ITA that eggshakers would be fun.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It sounds like you have some great ideas. Board books are also great for 1 year olds. Other options include bubbles or sidewalk chalk.

neeter is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

for my DS' first birthday we gave out snack traps as the favors (his "friends" were all babies too). the parents loved them and got alot of use out of them. they used to have a deal on their website, if you bought over 3 of them. hth.

Cute rubber ducks.

For DD's first and second b-days, I gave the younger set Snack Traps. Their parents loved them. Around 12 months is a great age to use these. If you search online, there is a huge range in pricing. This was the best price I found. Guess that's why they are out of stock. BRU has the 3 pack online for around 12.99.
    http://www.segalsforchildren.com/sto...C=855386000997

ETA: LOL - neeter was posting the same thing while I was typing my post!

Cute ideas!
    I've also heard kids like taking a balloon home (maybe helium)? You use them to decorate for the party, then send one home w/each kid. Dollar stores sell all sorts of colors and styles.

Also balls? DD loves her beach ball (dollar section at Target); really any balls that are small and light enough to hold onto and not choke on .

A bath toy?

Something to go along with the theme of your party?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'd be leary of balloons as they are suffocation and choking risks. They make great favors for 3+ yos though!

I wasn't planning to do favors at all for ds2's 2nd b-day and we didn't invite any babies to his 1st. I don't think I would do one then either. I figure they wouldn't be aware of the custom and the parents probably wouldn't mind no favors.

Beth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast