gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I love Land's End!

Gator got a nice backpack last summer with a matching lunchbox. He loved it. We got the ones with rollers. Well, about midway through the year the zipper broke on the compartment that hides the shoulder straps when not in use. This was pretty frustrating, especially since we paid a lot more for this backpack so that it would last longer and we could have bought a cheaper one at a Target for much less that would have probably falled apart like this one. So, when I initially called, they said they couldn't replace his backpack because they no longer had that fabric color. So, they suggested I return the backpack to Sears then order a different one. Well, that wouldn't be fair! I certainly couldn't return his matching lunchbox at SEars since there's nothing wrong with it. And how could I be sure I'd get the full price back since they don't carry that one anymore? Not to mention the fact that another reason I ordered one online was so that I didn't have to drag my kids out to shop for one.

I stewed about their response and decided to call back. This time, I explained my frustrations and concerns and the CS rep was AWESOME! She said she understood an apologized that it didn't hold up like it should have. She said that they didn't have a lot of backpacks left anymore but he could pick out a new backpack and lunchbox and they'd send it out right away. As it turns out, this was a lucky turn for us because the school supply list this year says specifically NO roller bags. So we were actually lucky that LE no longer makes his backpack. And Gator is REALLY excited about this new one. Yay Lands End for making this right.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Me too. Is it strange to love a store and catalog and website? I also heart LL Bean. I just returned to the store yesterday with absolutely no hassle.

My only concern about these two lately is letting their quality slip. Someone else posted about that lately and I have to agree. I *expect* their stuff to cost more than what I can find at other stores because I can tell the difference. Their stuff was always nicer, now not as much. At least it is still easy to return.

I keep meaning to call LE and have a heart to heart with them about this!
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tiapam View Post
    Me too. Is it strange to love a store and catalog and website? I also heart LL Bean. I just returned to the store yesterday with absolutely no hassle.

My only concern about these two lately is letting their quality slip. Someone else posted about that lately and I have to agree. I *expect* their stuff to cost more than what I can find at other stores because I can tell the difference. Their stuff was always nicer, now not as much. At least it is still easy to return.

I keep meaning to call LE and have a heart to heart with them about this!
    If it makes you feel better, I recently had to order Gator's school uniform from them because I couldn't find long sleeve golf shirts anywhere else. I also ordered some short sleeve ones at the same time. Then the next day I found some at Target that looked exactly the same. Welll.... i got the LE box yesterday and compared the sewing and fabric on the LE shirts to the Target ones. Absolutely no comparison. The Target ones are single stitched and not surged very securely (hope that makes sense. I'm probably mixing up some sewing terms). The LE ones are much better quality. They were twice as much, but I"m returning the Target ones. I'm sure that in a couple of years the LE shirts will still be in good enough shape to pass down to Cha Cha. Not so sure about the Target ones.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.