HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default I officially have 2 DC in preschool today...

I cannot believe how fast they are growing up. DS is an old pro (this is his 3rd and final year). DD was so excited. There were kids wailing hysterically in her class and she just went in, said goodbye, wimpered a little and then went with the teacher to read a book. I went back to check on her after dropping DS off and she was totally fine. I'm sad, but not sad (having had them both in daycare ft and pt at various points helps I guess). Now I have to get as much work done as possible before I go pick them up by 4 this afternoon (the life of a pt wah mom).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

I will be facing this next year. Your right about the mixed emotions. Your excited about what the future holds and getting sometime for yourself but sad becasue you feel you are losing your babies.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I can imagine the mixed emotions. Just out of curiosity, what were the requirements in your area to get your youngest in? Around here, it seems age 3 plus potty trained are the requirements and I notice your DD was born the same year my DD was. I would love to get her in a few days a week to get her around other kids her age, but it seems I have to wait until next March for that to happen, even though she's potty trained now.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We are at a religious community center that has a preschool and a daycare. Preschool program in the morning and daycare for the rest of the day. So, there was not a potty training requirement. DS has been there since he was 18 months and didn't potty train until 3 yrs 4 months. DD is 26 months and is almost completely potty trained. The school/daycare works with you when your DC is ready. Most of the programs around here start at age 2. We really only looked at this and a couple of others and none required DC be potty trained b/c they start so young.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007