Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My 7 year old daughter wears Monkeybar Buddies under her skirts/dresses.

http://www.monkeybarbuddies.com/
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    sometimes when she's playing and moving around, her undies slide over a little and expose more of her than I am comfortable with.
    I am a mom of boys. I have seen this happen (often in grocery carts) and it makes me wonder why DC isn't wearing leggings etc. I think a teacher mentioning it is appropriate (sounds like it was done nicely). I am guessing she mentioned it because if an issue that has come up in the past and she is trying to do what is in the best interest of your daughter.

Of course it is up to you

FWIW, DS has Umbro shorts and these are also a problem for me. His undier are not tight (HA mediums are too loose and smalls are WAY TOO TIGHT). I don't let him wear them anymore. TMI
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Shorts or leggings under dresses here. They make dresses more playground-friendly and extend the life of favorite dresses that otherwise might be considered too short.
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    I don't mind her undies showing so much, but sometimes when she's playing and moving around, her undies slide over a little and expose more of her than I am comfortable with.
    We picked up a ton of knit shorts on clearance at Target a week or two ago for $1 a pair, because DD wants to wear a dress every day. We just sized down a couple sizes so they would not gape - DD is 3.5 but I bought 12m and 18m. At home though when it's just us, I don't make her wear shorts underneath.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

DD wears shorts or leggings under dresses most of the time. The only time I can think of that she doesn't is at church.

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    yup - and dd wears dresses every day.
    Us too...it's part of the dress code for our elementary school (which has a pretty liberal dress policy...hardly anything is off limits). We do the bike short type shorts from gymbo or target and do leggings in winter when not wearing tights
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Lots of the older kids (up to age 4) at DDs daycare run around in their underwear on the playground. I figure they must have a rule that the kids have to have undies on, otherwise they'd be naked. Because of this no shorts under a dress doesn't sound that bad to me.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oh thanks for the reminder! I need to stop by Carters or Target and pick up some white shorts for DD who starts pre school in a couple of weeks!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Yes, she does especially since the aftercare kids asked my dd to spin around so they could see her underwear when she was in preschool. We left after that.
    Karin & Katie Oct. 2002

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DD isn't in preschool or daycare, so she doesn't always wear shorts underneath. However, she really loves boxer briefs (because her older brotehr likes them) and I've found they are like little bike shorts for her, kwim? She has her own collection of boxer briefs now, complete w/ fly LOL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast