Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Baby registeries - anything you forgot?

I am shocked by things are flying off my BRU registry like hotcakes. Not so much our Amazon registry. I have a shower on Saturday and then another with the ILs side on Sept 20. DH and I are really very fortunate!

For the Sept. 20 shower very few people will shop at Amazon. It's mostly older Greek women who go in the store and shop by price point. If they shop off the registry at all. Regardless once they see how much this first shower cleaned out my BRU registry they are going to complain and I will hear about it. I don't want to put stuff on there just for the sake of registering. But most of the stuff that is left is not fun or cute .... feeding, bottles, and bibs.

So, my question is there anything you wish you had registered for? I feel like we have covered most of our bases. I wish BRU carried the Moby or Ergo carriers in store.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

Most people didn't shop off our registry for DD, and we didn't register for DS. But, if I am in the position of shopping off a registry that is mostly completed and the "necessities" are purchased already, I usually go for toys or books - teethers, rattles, board books, etc. A friend of mine had those types of things on her registry. Stuff that you won't use right away, but is nice to have in a couple months, and can satisfy any price point.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about opening up a registry at Buy Buy Baby (if there's one convenient) or Pottery Barn Kids? BBB has the ergo in the stores, and I prefer them over BRU. PBK has lots of cute stuff that are good to register for, but not necessarily things I would buy with my own $$.

As for stuff I wish I had registered for-- the ergo (which I got later) and a sling (never had one). Also, I didn't register for one of those play gym mat things with the hangy toys (do you know what I'm talking about), and they're expensive. I wish I had that on my registry.

I actually opened up a Buy Buy Baby registry just for family just to get the coupon. It's an hour and half away, so we didn't advertise it in our invites.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

deannanb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

put a britix car seat on your register - maybe someone will buy it....
    and put toys on there for ages 6 months and up - the fisher-price ball toys -
    grocery cart cover
    you can always return extras for something you want.
    Deanna
    my three sons
    8/95, 10/04 and 6/08

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I agree with the toys and stuff for later......and clothes for later like 12m+.........a potty training seat.....plates/forks/bowls/sippys for learning to self-feed.......travel highchair......books/DVD's for later...
    Is it possible family will go in on larger gifts together?

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

I had a girl after everyone around me for the past year had boys. So...I got very few items that I needed off of my registry. I got a TON of clothes! But the items that I did get were the fun items. I second PP who mentioned one of the floor mats with hanging toys. I call it a floor gym. I bought with credit after taking back a bunch of duplicate clothes. But they're pretty pricey and DD LOVES her gym! Another suggestion I have is to make sure that you have blankets suitable for swaddling that are larger than the typical receiving blanket (34 x 34) because they grow out of those fairly quickly.

Congrats!
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The only thing I wish I registered for was a Superyard XT. Here is a link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...89601258833030

I don't use it together. It is broken in to two sections. One section keeps DS from the entertainment unit and the stairs. The other section keeps DS out of the kitchen.

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    I agree with the toys and stuff for later...
    I was in the same situation with the arrival of DD this spring. I ended up adding to the register for older age things and I have the peace of mind that I won't have to save up as much. I have bottles, cups, clothes, toys and more tucked away.

The other wonderful thing is books... starting a library for the little one.
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

potty chairs. bigger onsies 3-6 & 6-9, extra socks, spoons, sippy cups, humidifier, toy bin, baby gate ,boppy cover toys books , food mill for baby food xtra baby bath, thermometer ( I LOVE my temperal one) booster feedng chair w/ tray , shopping cart cover
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast