Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for all the ideas! They will be helpful when we go to BRU soon and add a few more things.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

A mobile, we forgot to register for that. And crib toys. The FP rain forest crib toy is still a hit with our girls, but I think now FP only has their new line "precious planet" available.

I agree, register for your next car seat.

Registering for clothes was a waste. Well not a waste, but completely unnecessary. My girls are STILL wearing clothes we got from the shower. People who got us a non-clothing gift apparently couldn't help themselves around cute girl clothes, because they'd get us an outfit too!

Did you register for a mattress? That was a great gift to get.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had to add things to my registry and agree with a pp that you should go ahead and put some big ticket items on (lots of people like to team up sometimes). So a really nice carseat like a Boulevard. Maybe a nice stroller for an older baby (like a Maclaren). A potty seat, a dining booster chair for toddlers.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Safety stuff!! DH and I have spent tons of money on babyproofin the house!! Gates for stairs and doorways, outlet covers, toilet covers, cabinet locks, bath safety.......just go crazy!!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Register for some "older" things- such as toys that are appropriate for 1 yr that you can pull out later, things that don't take up a ton of room- like books.
    What about diapers, diaper sacks, Diaper bags, etc?

What about putting down gift cards? That way you can purchase items as needed down the road.
    I would definitely put down larger items, such as a convertable car seat for down the road- our DD moved to it when she was about 7 mos old.

Other "toddler" items might include: Booster seat (we had the FP booster- and one for each Grandma's house), you could get like a Wagon or similar (to use when they get a little bigger, but may not want ride in the stroller. Potty chair, etc.

More than 1 kind of stroller, if you need it (like a mall walking type, vs a ATV type)

Momento gifts- calendar, scrapbook, photo frames, etc. Might be good and something that someone would love to give.

I know what you are saying- they want to get the "cutsie" things, not necessarily what you may need!

Congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2