Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    Double would mainly be used for things like zoo, aquarium/museums, walks around the neighborhood or along flat paths, not for jogging and it doesn't snow here. I like easy and compact folds. I don't want it to be too heavy or bulky because it needs to fit in the car (smaller one is a Forester, unless we break down and buy a minivan). Also I would like to take it when we travel if it's not too huge. So I kinda like the idea of tandem type doubles, unless side by side is about the same size/weight.
    The BJCCD sounds like a good solution for you. Easy one step fold, great air tires, compact fold, perfect for zoos, neighborhood walks, etc. I would stay away from a tandem stroller. Many of my friends have sold them and gotten side-by-side doubles. Most doubles are less than 30 inches wide and fit through standard doorways. The 2009 BJCCD is on sale for $399 right now at cityministrollers.com (from $600).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ariveraz View Post
    The BJCCD sounds like a good solution for you. Easy one step fold, great air tires, compact fold, perfect for zoos, neighborhood walks, etc. I would stay away from a tandem stroller. Many of my friends have sold them and gotten side-by-side doubles. Most doubles are less than 30 inches wide and fit through standard doorways. The 2009 BJCCD is on sale for $399 right now at cityministrollers.com (from $600).
    What did they hate about the tandems?
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Yes, DEFINATELY a single and a double are necessary. Your toddler will want to spend less and less time in a stroller, and the double is sooo nice for when you don't want to carry your baby.

For me, tandems were big, bulky, and hard to turn. Although doubles in general are pretty heavy and bulky. The Jane Powertwin seems like a good option, but haven't been able to try it out, and I've heard it's more for small babies.

Here are my two cents on the strollers you mentioned, plus new ones in bold.

Less than 30lb:
    BJCMD and Maclaren Twin Triumph are great lightweight smooth surface doubles. The Triumph has an accordian fold, which makes its fold more compact and easier to lift. Although the BJCM has an incredibly smooth ride and AWESOME canopy. I took it walking on rough surfaces sometimes, and it handled okay. I was able to fit it in the trunk of my small sedan nicely. It folds into a nice, flat, square. The Valco ion Twin seems like a good less than 30 lbs option, but I haven't researched that one much.

30lb+
    I wouldn't get the BOB unless you like to run. TFK Twinner Twist Duo, BJCCD (plus other BJ's), Mountain Buggy Urban double are heavy, but would handle rougher surfaces than the lighter weight ones. right now the bjccd is the same price as the bjcmd, kinda crazy/great deal

Alternate Options:
    I personally am trying to save up for the Vista with rumbleseat, I think it would be perfect, and worth it for the extra dough for my situation. (and really really cool) Though I'm holding out to check out the Icandy peach and baby jogger select, hopfully to be revealed at the expo next week.

I'm sure the phil&ted would work, depending on personal preferences. I tried it, but after my Baby JOgger just can't settle!! It's sooo tippy if you don't have some weight in the front seat, poor/no sunshade, etc. These are solved with the vista.

Joovy sit n stand could work, but it was hard to turn, and found it hard dealing with a toddler and pushing this one handed. (let's face it, sometimes it's hard to convince them to stay in the seat)

The Valco tri-mode with toddler seat sounds like a very attractive option, but it's rather heavy for a single, and the toddler seat isn't ment to replace an actual double, but more for occasional use (or so I hear)

Sorry, this was way too long, I just hope to save you all the hours and hours of research that I did. Others may disagree with what I said, as i said, it's all personal preferences.

To sum up, It depends on your living style. To me it sounds like one of the smaller doubles or single w/jump seat would work sell for what you've described.
    Last edited by sweetsoul99; 09-05-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    What did they hate about the tandems?
    Heavy, hard to steer.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I also have a Valco Trimode with a toddler board - does not replace the double at all. My son is almost 3 and steps off the toddler board all the time. I can't imagine him fitting in the toddler seat because he is super tall. The BJJCD is heavy, like all doubles, but has a pretty compact fold. For car/travel, we use a Mac Triumph and a Ergo.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2